Dinner

Dinner. Since coming to Alexandria, its been quite tense. We haven't had a proper time to relax. So we are having a dinner. A group dinner. Me, Rick, Judith, Michonne, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Carol, Tara and Daryl. The others weren't so up to coming. I went to my room to get dressed first. I chose a blue dress with a floral pattern, a V neck and a skirt that is high at the front and low at the back. Then I matched it with some black flats and a necklace I got ages ago. Daryl gave me it back at Hershels farm. He said it was to keep me safe and I've kept it ever since. Its a silver coloured chain and has a few feathers on it.
After getting dressed, i headed to the dinning room to help set up.
"I didnt know you had a dress," My brother Rick commented when I came downstairs.
"I found it on the last run," I told him while grabbing the plates.
"Any reason why you are dressed so fancy?" Rick asked.
"Uh... no... not really," I lied.
"Not trying to impress a certain someone?" Rick smirked.
"If he liked me he would have acted on it already," I said while putting out the plates.
"HE has been a little busy helping Aaron so hasn't had much time. But now he will," Rick hinted.
"Lets just get dinner ready," I suggested.

After a while, people started to turn up.
"Y/N! Can you get the door!" Rick yelled one time when the doorbell went off.
"Yep!" I yelled back while walking to the door.
I opened it up and it was Daryl.
"Hi," I smiled.
"Hi," Daryl smiled slightly back.
I stepped aside to let him in, "Come in."
Daryl stepped in and I closed the door.
"You're wearing the necklace," Daryl smiled while pointing at the object around my neck.
"Ye," I nodded.
"I'll be honest, I thought you got rid of it cause I never saw it," Daryl scratched the back of his neck.
"Oh! No! I just kept it under my shirts so they wouldn't get damaged," I explained.
Daryl nodded.
"You look really nice. No! Ignore that. You look beautiful. Seriously!" Daryl complimented me.
"Thank you! Never seen me in a dress before have you Dixon?" I span round.
"No. Unfortunately we don't have time for things like balls. I wish we did though, because if we did I might have been able to see you in even more pretty dresses just like that one," Daryl looked me directly in the eyes, "Or maybe I would get a dance?"
Daryl dancing?
That was a first. I thought he hated dancing?
"That sounds nice," I smiled.
"Love birds! Stop flirting!" Rick stuck his head out of the kitchen.
"I'm gonna kill you," I picked up my dress and ran after him.

When it came to dinner, Rick sat at the head of the table, me next to him at one of the sides and Daryl next to me. Everyone else filling the rest of the spaces.
"Seriously! Rick? Brussel sprouts?" I complained.
"Those suck," Daryl commented.
"Well I'm sorry for not knowing you two children's taste," Rick raised his eyebrows.
"Shut up," I looked at him seriously and Rick laughed.
I was starting to regret not wearing a heel, but even though I wasn't, I kicked him in the leg.
Rick didn't react much so that wouldn't be a huge discussion at the table. He looked pissed but he would get over it. Its not the first time we have messed around. We're brother and sister. We mess with each other. Its what we do.
For the rest of the dinner me and Daryl talked a lot. Anything we could come up with really. We didn't even realise people had left the table to clean up.
"Did I ever tell you about the necklace?" Daryl asked.
"No," I shook my head, "We weren't as close then so you kind of just gave it to me."
"Well. Its made with smaller feathers that I couldn't use for my arrows. I've had it since I was in my mid thirties. It kept me safe so I wanted to give it to after you were shot to keep you safe too. And so far it has and the worst you've gotten is a scratch or two," Daryl explained.
I smiled, "Thats really kind of you."
"Well, Its cause I like you," Daryl looked me directly in the eyes.
I leaned forward and kissed Daryl. He held my hands and kissed back.
"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that," I grinned when we pulled away.