Its okay

Since the outbreak, I just had these moments where I'd cry out of nowhere. Just moments where I've bottled feelings and I need to let them out. While I was farming with Rick, I zoned out thinking. My head just reminded me of past deaths when I looked up at them walkers. I couldn't even hear Rick speaking to me until he grabbed my shoulder. I flinched when he did, and he looked concerned. "Are you okay?" Rick asked.

"Uh... ye!" I nodded, "Just a little dehydrated. I'm going to get some water."

Rick nodded and I walked off. I went into the cell block and had my back hit the wall. I slowly slid down until my bottom was on the floor and my knees were up to my chest. I was shaking and I could feel the tears coming. They were all forming in my eyes but weren't falling down my cheat. Through my blurred vision, thanks to my tears, I saw someone step out the main cell area. I could even be arsed to ask who it was. I didn't say a thing. I just rubbed my eyes and saw it was Daryl. I just expected him to leave.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" He asked.

I had forgot that nobody had seen me break down before unless I had witnessed a death. Daryl hadn't seen me break down. I gave him no response, so he came to sit next to me.

"It's okay. Everything's going to be okay," He told me.

I know he was trying to be nice, but in reality, that's bullshit. We are in an apocalypse. We sat there for a while, and I calmed down. I felt something touch my pinkie finger. I looked down and saw Daryl trying to hook his with mine. He was doing it so slowly and gently; almost afraid I would snap my hand away and give him the cold shoulder. I took his hand, and he took mine back. I just smiled at him.

"What's wrong?" Daryl asked as he squeezed my hand.

"Nothing really. I'm just having one of them moments. Since the outbreak I've just had to let out a lot of emotion. Thank you for not just leaving," I thanked him.

"I'm never gonna leave you alone in a moment like that," He shook his head.

We just sat there for a while in silence. Still holding hands.

"Daryl," I spoke quietly.

"Ye?" He faced me.

"Can I admit something to you, and you don't have to say anything back I just want to tell you," I turned my whole body to face him properly.

"Sure," He nodded doing the same.

"I like you. I have for a while, but I was always scared to tell you because I thought you would just give me the cold shoulder and walk away. But... ye... I like you," I told him.

"Can I just try something?" Daryl asked.

I just nodded.

"If you feel uncomfortable and you want me to stop, just tell me," He told me.

Once again, I just nodded.

Daryl stood up and because he was holding my hand, he directed me to. When we were up off the ground he let go of my hand. He took his hands up to where my head was. He brushed any hair out of my face and smiled, like he was happy he could see me properly. He then delicately led his hands down to my neck and placed his thumbs on my cheeks, stroking them ever so slightly. Then Daryl slowly leaned forward and put his lips on mine. I couldn't believe this was happening. Daryl Dixon was kissing me. He was kissing me gently like he was when he was trying to hold my hand. He knew I liked him, but I could tell he was scared. Not sure of what though. Hurting me? Scaring me? He could never do that to me. When he pulled away I just grinned. Daryl still had his eyes closed but then slowly let them open. He saw the smile on my face and grinned just as I was.

He pulled me in once again, only this time thekiss was deeper and more loving. Now I could really believe that I was kissingDaryl Dixon.