5- Enchanted

The race is starting in 5 minutes and all I can think about are those stupid green eyes.

Who does he think he is speaking to me like that and with a smile that perfect?

I had wished Carlos good luck just before he got in the car deciding against telling him about my lovely first encounter I just had with his teammate, not wanting to distract him from the race.

I mean seriously, how can one guy be so far up his own ass.

"Lights out and away we go"
I'm shaken out of my thoughts now only drawn on the race.

I watch as the cars zoom off, Carlos got a good start, managing to get ahead one of the red bull cars but his teammate also unfortunately started well, following close behind him.

15 laps in and the red bull still led the pack, the two Ferraris close behind.

"Box Carlos, box" Carlos pulls in to the pit lane, leaving Charles to fight alone with Verstappen.

He comes out of the pit lane, now in fourth, behind Russel.

"Come on Carlos" I whisper to myself.

5 laps later and Carlos manages to swiftly overtake the mercedes, almost making contact causing gasps to escape from the paddock but he manages to get ahead.

Charles was now leading the race after Verstappen boxed now behind him.

But Carlos was close, shutting the gap between him and Verstappen, hunting him down.

"The gap is now 1 second from Verstappen, let's get him" His engineer says into the radio.

"Copy that"

Verstappen fights him off the pair going back and forth, almost making contact again.

As they head towards the corner, Verstappen locks up as Carlos goes wide round the bend, as they straighten up, it's close, but Carlos just manages to squeeze past.

"Yes'" I cheer, hugging the random person next to me.

"Woohoo" Carlos celebrates into the radio.

"Nice work, Carlos. Let's keep it up" his engineer says.

There's only 5 laps left, Charles had boxed earlier, causing Carlos to now lead the race but Charles was on fresher tires. It was gonna be close.

"Ah i'm starting to lose grip with these tyres" Carlos exlaims.

Fuck.

"Copy, just keep going. Not long left now"

I clench my hands together, anxiously watching as the two Ferraris battle between each other.

"Final Lap Carlos, let's push"

"Copy"

I'm sat on the edge of my seat, the two ferraris still fighting round the bend, Charles almost getting past but Carlos defends his position well.

It's the final straight and Carlos his miraculously managed to keep his lead.
He's done it.

I stand up screaming in joy as I watch his car pass the checkered line.

"P1 Carlos, that's p1"

"Yeaaahhh babyyyyy" Carlos cheers into the radio, punching his fist into the air.

I hope Charles feels humbled.

————————

I run out on to the edge of the track with the rest of the Ferrari garage, as Carlos comes over jumping over hugging everyone.