4- Untouchable

Sunday finally comes, my favourite day of the week, race day. Carlos had been busy whole week doing PR, testing the car on Friday, and qualifying yesterday. He ended up in p3 his teammate behind him in p4, and the two red bulls in front.

The Spanish grand prix is one my favourite races, for obvious reasons, it's Carlos's  home race.

The support he receives from the fans is so overwhelming, the pressure for him to succeed is almost unbearable.

I haven't been to one of Carlos' races in forever and i've forgotten how good it feels, the constant rush and buzz throughout the place, teams rushing carrying all sorts of random equipment, paparazzi swarming the place trying to get the best picture of the drivers. Being back in the paddock is one of the best feelings ever. The atmosphere here is unlike anywhere else, it reminds of how it feels when I was touring.

I head over to the Ferrari garage, a few of the paparazzi taking some pictures.

As I enter, I notice Carlos his back towards me talking to one of the mechanics, the number 55 painted on the back of his long-sleeve top.

I lightly tap on his shoulder, "Excuse me please could I get a picture with you"

"Sure I-" he stops speaking as he turns to see me, a large grin on my face.

"I hate when you do that Camila" he groans.

"And you fall for it every time" I laugh

"You're not funny"

"I think he would disagree" I nod my head towards the same mechanic he was talking to who's trying to conceal his laugh.

Carlos shakes his head at us both, an unamused look on his face.

"You excited to get out there?" I say, changing the subject.

"Can't wait, did you see all the fans outside? It's amazing"

"I know they were all chanting your name as I came in, I joined in of course"

"I wouldn't expect any different"

"Soooo where is this girlfriend of yours" I say excitedly

"She couldn't come to the race due to work"

"You haven't scared her off already, have you?" I say my face now disappointed.

"Not yet, you will meet her tonight though when we celebrate after the race"

"Already preparing the celebrations are we? I will be expecting good results then"

"Always, i'm determined after last year"

At the last Spanish grand prix he unfortunately couldn't finish the race due to engine failure, so i'm really hoping it goes well for him this year.

"I know you will do well, but remember that i'm always proud of you no matter where you finish"

"Aw she can be sweet," he says grinning , "But in all seriousness I really want that podium" he says his nerves now slightly showing on his face.

"I believe in you Sainz"

"Thanks Acosta, i'm gonna finish doing some check ups on the car with the mechanics, you should go get some lunch, go and look around the place and i'll see you again before the race"

"Yeah of course, i'll let you do your thing"

I give him a quick hug before leaving. I walk along the paddock peeking into some other garages when I feel someone grab my shoulders.

"Hey stranger"

I know that voice all too well

"Oh my god Lando, you scared me! I was ready to throw a punch"

"Let's be honest that would've done nothing, your too easy to scare" he says laughing as we embrace.

"Shutup, how have you been, I haven't seen you in so long, missed seeing your stupid face"

"I know i've missed your stupid face too, i've been lonely ever since Carlos ditched me for the red horse"

"I think he realised orange didn't suit him"

"At least I can pull it off though" he winks.

"If only that could help with the cars pace"

"Now that was uncalled for"

"Sorry, truth hurts sometimes buddy" I say lightly patting his shoulder.

"You looked better in orange too" he says shaking his head at the red Ferrari cap.

"Don't worry I haven't forgotten about you" I say slightly pulling my trousers to show him the orange socks I had on.

He laughs, "Don't let Carlos see them, he'll kill you. I always knew you were still a Mclaren girl at heart"

"I'm sure you'll tell your boyfriend anyway"

"He's Charles' boyfriend now" he says rolling his eyes.

"Ah the new teammate?"

"Yeah, you've still not met him?"

"Not yet, no"

"Oh really, thought you two would be introduced by now. At least I can still you be your favourite teammate" he says grinning.

"No one could replace you" I laugh ruffling his hair.

"It better stay that way"

Someone from behind starts to shout his name, urging him over.

"I think you better leave" I say slightly disappointed by our short interaction.

"Aw man, yeah. I've missed seeing you around the paddock though, you coming out to celebrate tonight after the race?"

"Of course, we can carry on our catch up there, get pissed together like old times" I smile lightly giving him a quick hug before he starts to head off.

"And take that stupid thing off your head" he shouts facing back towards me, pointing his finger at the hat.

I shake my head slightly laughing. I've missed speaking with him. Me and Lando became good friends during Carlos' time spent at Mclaren. The three of us always hanging out as a trio, me third wheeling the entire time.
I was abit disappointed when Carlos left but Mclaren had started to go downhill, the car not as good as in the past so I understood his decision.

I start to walk towards the cafeteria, mindlessly scrolling the millions of emails I had on my phone. When all of a sudden my phone flys out of my hand as I collide straight into someone's shoulder.

"You should look where you're going, you nearly damaged the best driver on the grid"

I hear the person I collided with say, his voice with a slight french accent.

I look up meeting a pair of green eyes, a smug grin plastered on his face.

Ah, the new teammate.

I had seen him a few times on tv from past races i've watched, but I had never seen him in person and I hate to admit it but the camera doesn't do him enough justice. His hair was messy, a stupidly perfect smile plastered on his face causing his dimples to show through his light stubble. But the best driver on the grid? Nah.

I raise my eyebrows at his cockiness, "Maybe you shouldn't be in my way"

"'Maybe you shouldn't be on your phone whilst walking"

"Maybe you should lower your ego" I snap back.

He furrows his eyebrows, taken aback. "Sorry what is your purpose here?"

This bitch.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm just saying, it's normally only mechanics and the drivers running around here"

"I like to explore, if that's okay with you"

"No problem, you should do that with your phone in your pocket though"

"Thanks for the advice, i'll really take that into consideration" I reply sarcastically.

"Anytime" he says winking before swiftly walking off.

Could this guy be anymore in love with himself?

I want Lando back.