3- The Night We Met

I wake up the next morning, feeling the effects of last nights activities more than I would like so I quickly get in the shower in hope i'll feel better before getting dressed then heading over to mama's house for lunch.

"Finally!" My mama flys at me trapping me in her arms.

"Hi mama" I say lightly squeezing her in our embrace.

"It's been too long, I can't go more than a day never mind 6 months without seeing my baby" She says sternly as I roll my eyes at her being over dramatic before she starts showering me with little kisses.

"Mama at least let me get through the front door first" I say laughing.

"Ay cariñosa i've just missed you so" She exclaims, pinching my cheeks.

"I know me too, I've really been needing you these past days" I admit.

"Come in, talk to me. I could tell these past few days you haven't been yourself. " she gently says leading me in and sitting me down on the sofa.

"First I make food, then we talk" she says sternly as she heads towards the kitchen. God i've missed her cooking.

——————

"Are you gonna eat any of that or just play with it?" she asks raising her brow at me.

"Sorry, I've just got a lot on my mind"

"Does this 'a lot' have a name?"

My eyes shoot up at her and she looks at me with a knowing look.

"Maybe"

"It's up to you whether or not you wanna tell me about him" She goes to grab my hand.

I place my other hand on top of hers, "There's a lot to unpack"

"Good thing I cleared my afternoon"

I smile before breathing in deeply, "Okay let's start at the beginning" She gently squeezes my hand nodding as I take my mind back to our first encounter.

——————

"Tay do I really have to go to this stupid game, I don't know the first thing about football" I whine at my best friend.

"Yes we are going whether you like it or not. I'm not turning down free VIP tickets and missing the chance to watch hot men, get all sweaty and dirty running around, I mean have you seen Jude bellingham?" she scoffs "Plus there's free unlimited prosecco"

There's free unlimited prosecco and hot men? Fine, i'll go.

"You're such a slut for Jude"

"I know and I have no shame, he's my future baby daddy"

"You're a psycho, I love you"

"Don't act like you wouldn't love being a football wag"

"You know i'd much rather be an f1 wag"

"Who said you can't do both?"

"How scandalous"

"Only as long as you stay loyal to your beloved wife"

"Always" I grin saluting at her.

——————

"Okay vamos" she says snapping her fingers.

"You're Spanish is becoming better and better, everyday"

"I know i've been practicing"

"Mentirosa"

"Thank you, no clue what you said but i'm sure it was sweet"