#23 prom talks

—— MORGAN ADKINS

I woke up and squinted as eyes at the light in my room, I looked next to me and frowned when Avani wasn't there.

I grabbed my phone and it was currently 6:55 AM, crap I only have 5 minutes to get ready.

I brushed my teeth and wore my uniform quickly before running down the stairs with my backpack slung over my shoulder.

"Hey- oh okay" My sister greeted me but I ignored her and ran out of the house.

Why am I always late?

I finally made it to school and sighed, I ran my hand through my now messy hair, I didn't bring a brush with me how am I supposed to fix it now?

I greeted the guys and they all looked at me in horror, "bro what happened" Aaron pointed to my hair.

"I woke up late" I sighed.

They all nodded.

"So you and Avani huh?" Adrian smirked.

I nodded.

"Avani and Morgan sitting in a-" Lucas got cut off by me covering his mouth.

"Hey guys!!" Tabitha came with Willow and Avani by her side.

I looked at Avani and we both smiled at each other.

She stood next to me and I secretly pecked her head as she looked at me, I smiled and put my arm around her shoulder.

"How have you been?" I asked her.

"Its been less than a day since I've seen you Morgan, plus we were texting all night" She giggled, that cute laugh.

"Though I've been pretty good" She got interrupted by Lucas.

"Stop being so cute!!" He whined.

We both laughed at him.

"Anyways let's talk spicy! Who's going to prom.

"Me!"
"Not me"

Me and Avani said in unison.

She frowned at me and I sighed, "I'll go with you" I said in defeat she smiled and nodded.

"I'm going with Tabitha" Aaron ruffled Tabitha's hair.

"You ruined my hair you jerk!!" She exclaimed.

He scratched his nape and apologized.

Willow stayed quiet while eyeing both Lucas and Sean.

What's up with them?

Willow looked down sadly.

"Guys I need the bathroom... I'll be right back" She walked away, I looked at Sean and saw him giving her a cold glare.

I tilted my head and shrugged it off and listened to all the prom talks they were talking about.

"I'm going with Morgan" Avani held my arm and I smiled nervously, I still cant get Lucas and Sean out of my head...

Every time I glance at them they're shooting daggers at each other with their eyes.

It's concerning and as their friend I wanna know what's going on, considering the way Willow was acting I'm guessing this is about her, I knew Sean liked her but Lucas?

I'm confused, really confused.

And I'm guessing Avani noticed me zoning out, "bro you good?" She asked, I raised a brow as my expression turned from confused to more confused.

"Did you just call me bro..?" I tilted my head.

She nodded with a mischievous smirk on her face.

I rolled my eyes at her and walked away, she ran after me and held my hand, acting the attention of other students as they started whispering to each other.

I saw her look down as she gulped her saliva, she's uncomfortable and it's obvious she is.

'Why is Morgans new girlfriend so ugly' one of them said.

I glared at them as I tightened my fists, they looked at me in fear and gave me a nervous smile before running off, losers.

I looked at Avani again and she still looked a bit sad, I caressed her cheek and she slowly looked into my eyes.

"Remember baby, our happiness, not theirs" I assured her, she nodded while smiling softly before we both made our way to class.

- AVANI HOLLISTER

I smiled remembering what Morgan said to me, "our happiness not theirs," He's right, totally right.

Tabitha looked at me while raising her eyebrows, "its not fair Avani! Me and Aaron were supposed to be the cutest couple" She whined, I rolled my eyes.

"Well I guess I stole your spot" I smirked, she gave me a thumbs down and booed.

After class ended I stayed inside the classroom and Tabitha went to the bathroom, it was only me in the classroom, and as I was waiting for Tabitha to come back I got interrupted by the door closing, I looked up and saw Damian coming in with a wide smile.

I gave him an uncomfortable grin and he began to walk closer to me.

I gulped my saliva and felt sweat forming on my forehead.

"How have you been?" He asked me.

I cleared my throat before replying, "good..."  I whispered, still feeling a bit uncomfortable.

At this point I was praying with my whole heart that Tabitha would come back now but another person did, the person I slightly wasn't expecting.

"Damian leave her alone" Willow said sternly, he looked behind him and chuckled.

"And why would I listen to you? Gorgeous," He winked at her and she glared at him in disgust.

She rolled her eyes, "Out. Now" Another voice said behind her.

He looked at him in fear and quickly left the classroom leaving me, Morgan and Willow alone.

"Um, I'll leave too I guess... Avani text me later!" She smiled and left after closing the door.

"Did he do anything to you?" He asked with concern filling up his face.

"No.. don't worry" I gave him a genuine smile.

"Good, because if he did I would've been in jail with my criminal record" He laughed.

I didn't bother asking why because he's obviously beat Damian countless times so if he kills him its game over.

I gave him a hug and we both stayed in the classroom, Tabitha later texted me saying.

'Willow won't let me go to you because she says Morgan is there, what happened to sisters before misters? :('

I shook my head at her and continued talking to Morgan.

Lets just say I cant stop talking about him...

It's kind of impossible.

-

A little hint for my next story in the beginning, can you guess who its about?

~ Sofi