#13 operation: get a date

—— AVANI HOLLISTER

I'm in class, zoning out as usual, sitting in my seat with Willow on my right and Morgan behind me, journaling in his notebook as usual.

I wonder what's in there.

Thats none of my business though because he doesn't know who I am to him, jerk.

I felt a paper hit my head and I quickly turned my head to see the culprit behind this, a shy smile plastering on his face as he mouthed a 'sorry.'

I nodded and took the paper from the ground.

'Lets go out later, just us two, I'll pick you up at around 6 pm.

There isn't specific dress code, you're pretty anything you wear'

I smiled at the last part, is he asking me out on a date? He's a complete jerk though.

Thats not fair for me to say that because he only said one harmless sentence, that hurt my feelings obviously.

But that doesn't matter because at the end of the day I'm getting a date with and of the hottest guys in the school, well his whole friend group is hot as hell.

I didn't know if I should agree or not, maybe pros and cons will fix the problem?

Pros:

1- a date with Morgan
2- get to know each other
3- possibly get closer
4- he's cute so why not

Cons:

1- he doesn't know what we are and is obviously confused about his feeling.

Which is obviously fine because I'm quite confused as well, I can confirm my feelings but he makes sure feel otherwise.

Why are you so confusing Morgan Adkins?

I didn't know if I should go or not, we have upcoming exams but that isn't really an excuse because I'm great at every subject but Chem.

But I'm definitely improving already, kind of...

I sighed and grabbed my pen before writing a big yes on the side of the paper.

I slowly slide the paper back to Morgan and pay attention to my teacher, I feel like I can see his smirk forming in my head.

So attractive.

-

I'm walking down the hall with my two besties by my side, today we decided to sit at our own table considering my friends wanna hear Morgan drama.

Though there is no drama happening between us, we're teenagers and we're just.. confused.

We sat down and they both looked at me, "spill" Willow grinned.

"There isn't anything to spill-"

Willow cut me off, "that's like me saying I don't have Tinder" She rolled her eyes.

Me and Tabitha both looked at her while furrowing our eyebrows, "you have Tinder...?" Tabitha asked.

"Thats a bit concerning" I added.

Willow shrugged, "anyways, spill anything literally anything, we need to know as your best friends so we can give you relationship advice!" She smiled.

I scoffed, "You? Relationship advice?"

She nodded.

"Ugh fine," I sighed.

"I was always awkward with Morgan, considering the fact he was a real jerk towards me, I still liked him kind of. That day I went to the rooftop to him he kinda vented to me, I felt like we were gonna get closer which definitely wasn't the case, I went to his house a few days later for the project and he was so much more different than usual, he was more bubbly. And today he sent me a note asking me out on a date-"

"WHAT" Tabitha exclaimed, Willow covered her mouth and threatened her to stay quiet.

"What time?" Willow asked.

"6 pm." I replied shortly.

They nodded and they looked at each other with mischievous smiles on their faces.

"We'll be there at 3" They smirked.

"School ends at 3..."

"Exactly" They said in unison.

I sighed, here we go again.

-

Willow took me home and I lead the both of them to my bedroom and sat down on the bed while they were snooping inside my closet, looking for an outfit.

They both gasped and shook their heads in disappointment when they couldn't find anything.

"How do you live if your whole closet consists of only hoodies, sweats, and baggy crop tops?" Tabitha asked in surprise.

I shrugged.

Willow finally found something cute, a white dress with colorful flowers all over.

"Bingo!" She squealed, she brought it out and threw it to me, I looked at the dress and smiled, I got this dress as a birthday gift from my brother.

I went into the bathroom and changed into the dress before coming out fully dressed, Tabitha eyed me head to toe and rubbed her chin while squinting her eyes.

"Something is missing..." She said under her breath, earning Willow's attention as she continued to observe my face.

"Hair and makeup?" She questioned and Tabitha's face lit up.

"Yes!" She quickly pushed me into the bathroom and began to do my hair, she braided the two strands next to my face and let the rest of my hair out, she grabbed a hair tie and tied my hair into a ponytail.

She turned me around and put some light makeup onto my face, Willow passed her some jewelry she found lying on my desk and she put the necklace around my neck.

"Done! What time is it?" She asked, Willow pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"Its 5:37 pm" Tabitha nodded.

We went downstairs, gaining the attention of my family.

"Where are you going?" Oh no.

"We wanted to go to the mall to meetup with our friends, we're gonna watch a movie" Tabitha lied, I owe her now.

They nodded and we sat down in the living room, waiting patiently for Morgan to arrive, hopefully he won't knock on the door because if he does I'll be dead meat.

My family was in the dining room talking loudly and didn't hear the loud beep coming from Morgan's Mustang.

This is gonna be fun...

-

Date night! Where do you think Morgan is gonna take Avani?

~ Sofi