- prologue -

—— AVANI HOLLISTER

I was sitting on the couch, reading some random book that someone recommended to me.

"Why the hell would he say that.." I mumbled, a hint of anger in my voice.

The story is about this girl who like this guy, and the guy freaking rejected her even though he knew damn well he liked her back.

It's still stupid considering the fact he really liked her though, but the author isn't telling us why he isn't accepting her.

After a bit of reading I got interrupted by my moms yelling, "AVANI GET READY WE'RE GOING OUT!" She yelled, I groaned and got up from my comfortable position and ran upstairs to my room.

I opened my closet and examined all my clothes carefully, I chose a cropped pink crop top with a dinosaur pictured in the front and grabbed some high-waisted black jeans.

After changing I also grabbed a pair of black socks and my black fanny pack, I put on light makeup and brushed my hair throughly before leaving my room and heading downstairs.

Throughout the whole ride to the mall I was listening to The Neighborhood, I don't think I can ever get sick of his music.

It was just me, mom, dad, and my older brother. After getting to the mall, we made our way to the second floor and went to the food court, me and my brother went to order some Popeyes, their burgers are so filling.

My parents got Indian food together, rice and butter chicken with some naan and chicken with kebab.

After finishing our meals we were waiting for my brother to finish, though I still had some leftovers because I got full.

My eyes were looking around the food court and my eyes caught somebody. Morgan's older sister with her parents sat down at the seat in front of ours.

My eyes widened but I quickly went back to normal trying to act 100% okay, even thought I wasn't.

He ended up sitting next to his sister along with his little brother, I tried to avoid looking at him but I failed. Instead, I ended up checking him out.

He was wearing a dark blue hoodie with his sleeves raised up and a watch on his right hand, along with dark jeans that fit him perfectly.

Sadly he didn't notice me, what a jerk.

A cute jerk.

My eyes met him and none of us looked away, I looked so confident on the outside but I was dying inside. He didn't break the eye contact and continued to look at me with sharp eyes stabbing my chest, I tried to keep my cool and stay confident while staring into his eyes.

Well that was until I heard my parents talking about me, "honey I heard you got your grades! Did you check them yet?" My dad asked me while tilting his head, I looked at Morgan and frowned when he looked away.

"Yeah I did, I got all A's and B's except for Chemistry.." I lowered my voice. My mom furrowed her eyebrows.

"What did you get it Chemistry baby..?" My mom raised her eyebrow, while my dad held the bridge of his nose and my brother looked away acting like he couldn't hear.

"D" I looked down waiting for me to get scolded, but after having my head held low I raised it slowly when I didn't hear any hint of whispering.

I licked my bottom lip, "so...?"

"There is no so, I can't do anything about that honey, you're 17. your future is in your hands so be careful" My dad pointed a finger at me while My mom nodded.

I hummed and averted my attention towards Morgan, admiring him from afar just like what I always do.

My mom wanted to do some grocery shopping, sadly. I wanted to say hi to Morgan so badly but he absolutely hates me for God knows why.

I sighed and watched as Morgan's figure began to disappear while I walked.

—— MORGAN ADKINS

I just saw one of the weird girls in my History class, she keeps looking at me and I always think there's something on my face. And sadly we just HAD to sit in front of them.

My sister noticed I wasn't paying attention to what they were talking about and that I was in my own world. "Morgan, are you alright?" Diana asked me, I looked at her and nodded.

"Yeah... I'm fine" I replied quietly. I looked back at that girl and noticed she was already looking at me, I tried giving her my cold stare that somehow everybody was scared of, but she didn't look away.

That's until after her dad called her, I raised my eyebrow while the side of my lip was moving upwards.

She's interesting...

After ordering our food I noticed that she was leaving, she didn't look happy about it though. I don't know why she likes me so much. I'm not all that.

Im just some ordinary boy who likes soccer but for some reason isn't on the soccer team, cares about his studies, and overprotective as heck. Oh yeah, I have nice hair too.

Like why would she like me if i have all those qualities?

I decided to get her off my mind and just enjoy my food.

I hope I don't bump into that freak again.

-

What did you guys think about the prologue? Hope it was good enough to fit your standards.

See you next chapter lovelies <3

~ Sofi