#14 memorable night

—— MORGAN ADKINS

I already got ready for my date with Avani Hollister, never thought I would hear date and Avani in the same sentence.

I was wearing a black collared dress shirt with the first few buttons opened, wide blue jeans, and I topped it all with a necklace. 

School was horrible today, the guys wouldn't stop giving me "advice" about girls, they said if I don't do this stuff she wouldn't like me.

I pulled up in front of Avani's house and beeped, after a few minutes she came out with Tabitha and Willow, she looked cute in that floral white dress.

She waved at her friends and walked up to the car with a smile on her face, I then remembered what Aaron told me.

'Always open the door for girls anywhere you go, its called being a gentleman, which is the opposite of what you are'

He's lying, I'm very much boyfriend material.

Now I'm lying.. I don't do anything to respect anyone which is a bit of a red flag, I want to be better even if it means flirting with Avani Hollister, which is exactly what I'm gonna do today.

I ran to her side and opened the door for her, she gave me a sweet smile. It's difficult not to smile when it comes to her.

I went inside the car and put on my seatbelt before averting my attention to her, she looks so beautiful. I never knew I could become some cheesy cringe dude but alright.

"Hey, Hollister" I looked at her.

"Hello, Adkins" She giggled.

We stayed quiet for a bit until she asked, "where are we going?"

I smirked, I slowed the car down as I hit a red light, "that's for me to know and you to find out" I looked at her and winked.

Her cheeks turning into a red shade, definitely not because of her blush. I sneered when I started driving again, I officially turned into a blob of cringe and embarrassment.

How does Adrian do this?

-- AVANI HOLLISER

After around half an hour I noticed that we weren't in the city anymore, in fact we almost got to the border. 

I looked at the window when Morgan turned, I saw a lot of trees and raised a brow, where are we?

He stopped the car and quickly ran out of the car after turning it off, before I can even take off my seatbelt he ran to my side and opened the door.

I scoffed and chuckled when his face turned into a light shade of pink.

I looked at the scenery and gasped, "its so beautiful!" I exclaimed.

"This isn't all of it" He said, grabbing my wrist and running up the hill, he was a bit fast so it was difficult to keep up.

After getting to the top I gasped and my mouth fell to the ground, there was a blanket on the ground as a lot of candles lighting up the area, on the blanket there were a bunch of my favorite snacks.

I looked at Morgan who had a nervous look on his face, he looked so stressed, I ran up to him and gave him a big hug, he seemed surprised at first but hugged me back.

We pulled away after a few seconds by force, I never knew someones embrace could be this warm and comfortable, no one wanted to pull away until I told him we had to eat the food he brought even though he seemed a bit disappointed.

We sat down on the blanket and looked at each other, "20 questions?" He asked, his eyes looked like a little kid begging his mom for chocolate.

I chuckled and nodded, "you go first" I said.

He hummed and thought about a questions, "what's your favorite color and why?" He questioned.

"Sage green, it's a refreshing color and makes me feel at ease, it also resembles growth and luck. I've loved that color since I was a little girl" I explained, he seemed interested and nodded.

"That's cute" He complimented, I smiled and realized that it's my turn to ask him a question.

"I've always been meaning to ask you this but... why are you always so quiet..?" I noticed his smile fading slightly, I quickly understood and apologized for my nosy personality.

"O-oh I'm so sorry" I stuttered.

He shook his head, "it's cool... I didn't get offended anyways" He whispered, we both were awkwardly quiet.

Did I have to do that??

My first date and I already ruined it. "I didn't mean to ask you that I'm just a really nosy person plus this is literally my first date and I'm really nervous and don't know what to do or say-" I said in one breath.

He laughed, oh.

I tilted my head wondering why he's laughing, "you're cute" He smiled.

"Oh.." I muttered quietly, I got a bit flustered after he said that.

I grabbed a pack of potato chips and tried opening it quietly which didn't work because of the loud sound it made, earning a laugh from Morgan.

He shook his head at me, "that's a bit dumb, you don't need to do that around me angel" He stated.

"Angel?" 

He nodded, "I wanted to give you a nickname, do you not like it?"

I quickly shook my head, "its... cute" I smiled.

"Like you."

My eyes widened before I smiled when he sneered at himself.

"I can tell Adrian told you to do this" I snickered, he nodded while looking to the ground.

I put a mouthful of potato chips in my mouth.

"He said girls won't like you if you don't flirt them or act seductive..." He whispered still feeling a bit flustered.

I scoffed, "thats not true, we'll like you either way" I told him.

"In fact" I leaned to his ear.

"I like you this way, all flustered. You're cute" I backed away as his doe eyes meeting mine, his face turned red.

I giggled when he lowered his face again.

I just made a boy blush...

-

Avani flirting era?

~ Sofi