Part Twenty-Five

They had managed to stop laughing about halfway through the drive- but even then, every couple of minutes one of them would start laughing again.

They had begun to change the subject. Instead of arguing about the best horror movie, they were ranking the best and worst horror movies.

James moved his hands to each level he was talking about as he spoke. "Halloween is at the top—"

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre.."

"No- fuck you, I'm not starting this again." James laughed. "And then Carrie, Nosferatu, The Exorcist,  Rocky Horror Picture Show, Amityville Horror, every other horror movie, and then the very bottom is Exorcist II. I fucking. Hate. That movie."

"Absolutely. Completely agree. Very bottom."

|————————————•

Severus finally stopped at the hospital and opened James' door.

"You're not coming?" James said, softly, when Severus stayed in the car.

"No, sorry. I was gonna go hang out at the hotel."

"Oh. Alright."

James turned around and started walking into the building. "Bye!" He hollered.

"Bye! I love you." Severus immediately froze, and so did James.

James turned around again, flustered. "Wait what?"

"Um nothing. Bye I'm leaving now!" And Severus quickly shut the window and started driving away as quick as possible.

"Wait— get back here! You can't just fucking confess to me like that and leave!" James shrieked.