Part Thirteen

Severus decided to go on a walk through Σεντ Τζέιμς in the morning and finally decided to pick up his Shakespeare book. He started thinking about moving to Rome at a point, simply because the towns were much larger and less claustrophobic.

But he quickly forgot about that idea. He blocked it out, really, because he started thinking about James again. It had been three days and he hadn't talked to him since Severus dropped him off at his apartment.

That worried him. He was scared he could have done something wrong. Well, at least if James didn't talk to him through the rest of the weeks, then he could ask him what happened while they were on the plane.

Maybe Severus jinxed it—or maybe it was another word that he couldn't quite think of,—because at that moment he heard his telephone ring. He quickly stood to his feet and held the telephone to his ear.

'Hello?' Severus heard on the other end, 'Severus?' James' voice was shaky, he sounded slightly distressed.

'James? Are you okay?' Severus said, pulling himself into defense mode. 'What happened?'

'It's my parents. I think we will be in Britain sooner than we thought.' James said.

'What does that mean?'

James stayed silent on the other end. Severus took a moment to realize. 'Are they... alive?' He whispered.

'As of now, yes. But Sirius says they're injuries are fatal—'

'Wait, what do you mean 'injuries'? What happened?'

'Deatheaters. They attacked their hospital building, they're wounded horribly. Severus, I don't think they'll make it past two weeks.'

'When do you need to go home?'

'I think we should get packed now and leave in three days.'

Severus agreed. 'Alright. If you need to stay at my apartment for the next couple days, you're more than welcome. Whatever you need.'

'Okay. I think I will.'

They talked for a few more minutes. Severus let him cry for a moment. Then finally hung up. He quickly scribbled down a letter to Emma and Daphne, then a letter to Lily.