Part Sixteen

James trudged to the bathroom in the morning and was met with the sight of a wet Severus wearing a towel on his waist, standing in front of a steamy mirror drying off his hair.

"Oh, you're up." Severus hummed. "Sleep well?"

James just stood there awkwardly and stared at him. He felt like he should answer, but he buffered for a moment or two.

Severus giggled.

"Sorry." James stuttered slightly.

"You're fine! Do you need a minute? I got to get dressed anyway."

James softly nodded and Severus stepped out of the room. "You can use the shower if you need." He reminded him. James nodded.

The first thing he did was lay out a pair of clothes out of the basket Severus had put there for him, and step into the shower. He stayed in the shower for about ten minutes, then got out, dryer off, and changed. He saw a hair dryer on the counter, but waited to use it until he asked for permission.

He brushed his teeth and washed his face, everything he usually did in the morning. Severus gave him the okay for the hair dryer, so he used that too. He brushed it out and fluffed it up, and he was ready for the day.

He insisted on doing Severus' hair, and Severus gave in quite quickly. He put on a lot of gothic jewelry and James wore some of his chunky, cartoon rings. He put on a pair of black, ripped jeans that flared slightly at the bottom and they were paired with a white t-shirt with the Beatles logo on the front. He put on a pair of rainbow socks, too.

They decided to just stay at Severus' apartment for the day. The shop was being taken care of by a couple other employees, so they had really no reason to leave.

Severus put on a show, and then started making breakfast for the two of them.

James payed no attention at all to the television. He stared at him the whole time, instead. He stared at the freckles on his arms. And the stars scribbled in pen on the back of his right hand. And his face. Mostly his face. It was just too pretty.