Part Seven

James was surprised by how packed the restaurant was. He was sort of worried that they wouldn't even get a seat. But Severus was completely calm. When he saw the owner, Maurice, he just waved and Maurice waved back, already looking for a table. Severus held up a 'two' with his fingers.

It took only a minute or two for them to get a table. When they got their menus, Severus knew exactly what he wanted off the bat, but James just stared at the menu for five minutes. Eventually, Severus just told him what to get.

While they were waiting for their food, they played a word association game.

Severus stayed quiet for a few seconds. "Valentine's day." He said.

"Cards" James snapped quickly.

"Love"

"Doe!"

Severus burst out laughing as James giggled. "Doe?" Severus cackled.

"It was the first thing that came to mind!" James snapped through uncontrollable laughter. His face was red-ish as he looked at Severus.

"Merlin, I don't know why that was so funny to me" Severus giggled, wiping a tear from his eye and sighing.

Their food got their quick, and they ate it fast. Severus drove James over to his apartment and dropped him off, reminding him to come back to his shop as often as possible.

'I don't think I would survive without you there.' He smiled.