Part Fourteen

Severus quickly fed Lennon before heading out the door to help James pack. He groaned when he heard the phone ring, and quickly picked it up.

'Hello?' he sighed.

'Hello? Severus?' Daphne said from the other line.

'Daph? Do you need something?'

'What are you doing?'

'I was just about to leave and help James pack, why?'

'But we're not leaving yet?'

'I know, it's a family problem and he wants me to come with him. We're leaving on Sunday. Did you not get the letter?'

James had already finished packing by the time Severus got there. Luckily, Severus was done packing too. They drove around the town until they decided to go back to Severus' house. James immediately wanted to play with Lennon.

So, Severus took her out of her cage and let James play sit with her. He made him wash his hands before doing so, of course. He didn't want anyone getting sick.

He put on a DVD of The Outsiders and made a comfy place for James to sleep on the couch. He found somewhere to put James' things, then started on making a snack for the both of them.

James stared at him silently, smiling slightly as he watched him. Severus chuckled as he glanced at him out of the corner of his eyes.

Recently, it had felt like he was lost in eyes. Even when he wasn't looking at him, all Severus could think of was those dirt brown eyes. And his hair. He had many moments in the night where he would wonder if the feeling he got was something closer to how he felt with all his past boyfriends.

But he knew that wasn't true. Whenever he was lost looking at him, it was just admiration. He admired Wilhelm all the time. It just felt different with James.

Right?