Part Two

James lifted his head and looked at Severus.

Severus was confused, and he didn't quite know whether to be pleased or upset. After all, they never really were friends.

"Hello" James said, the same perplexed look on his face as Severus. "What are you doing here?"

"I work here." Severus answered quickly. "What about you? I thought you were in Cokeworth?"

"Oh, yeah. Well, I started thinking about moving a few years back, and Mooney and Padfoot said I should move here, so I did. I didn't know you were in Nafplio?"

"But I thought Lupin knew?"

"Did he?" James looked even more confused.

"Whatever." Severus shakes it off. "How are you? I haven't seen you since school."

"I'm doing good! Lily and I didn't quite work out, she took Harry in the divorce. But luckily we're still friends. How are you?"

"Better than ever! I got a little apartment a small ways away, and a little pet tortoise. Her name's Lennon."

"As in John Lennon?" James asked, his eyes sparking with sudden interest.

"Yeah! My mum used to sing his songs to me before she passed." Severus responded, calmly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine. We should try to catch up! I've been wondering what you and Lily have been up to."

James grinned and sat down at a seat near the desk that Severus had been sitting at. They must've talked for hours. It was already turning dark out when they finally stopped.

When James left, he scribbled down his phone number on a small piece of parchment and left it on Severus' desk.