Part Twenty-Two

Severus woke up at 9:00 a.m. to James, asleep, with his arms wrapped around him. Severus had one arm under his neck like a pillow. Severus stared at him as he thought deeply about everything. Of course, he had been recently confronting the feelings that he was pushing down, but now they were all surfacing fairly quickly and he had to confront all of them at once.

Oh fuck. Severus thought after a moment. He loves him. Well, really, he knew he loved him, but he just wasn't open to admitting it to himself. Maybe the most shocking part of it was the realization that he had been in love with him.

There was far too many things to go over in his mind, so he ignored every thought that appeared in his head, and found himself staring at James once again. He almost felt like he had woke him up by staring holes into his head as James' eyes flickered open.

It took James a moment to take in what was happening, but when he did he immediately sat up and pushed the two of them away from each other carefully.

"Sorry." James mumbled.

"Good morning." Severus said calmly. "Sleep well?"

"Clearly.."

Severus chuckled slightly. He was surprised at his own talent for hiding his feelings. "Who's making breakfast?"

James continued staring at him. He hadn't heard the question.

Severus smiled. "Hello?"

"What?"

"Should I make breakfast?"

"Yes please."