Part Twelve

Severus woke up and immediate saw James looking at him with his back against the armrest of the sofa.

"Creepy." Severus yawned as he squinted his eyes and scrunched his nose.

James laughed. Severus barely noticed James' pink cheeks as he rubbed his eyes. "I've been waiting for you to wake up." James hummed. "I need to head back home."

Severus looked confused. "Why?" He said.

"I just have to." James responded quickly, but quietly.

"Alright." Severus sighed. "Give me a second to get dressed."

James nodded and stood up. Severus went to his room to dress, and James walked over to Lennon's cage and watched her.

Severus changed his clothes rather quickly, then drove James over to his apartment building. When he dropped him off, Severus had just then realized how little James had talked while in the car and how desperate he was to leave.

It confused him, and quite honestly made him worried. Not about anything in particular, but he was worried he had done something wrong. He managed to shake it off, and drove down the street.

He drove for a long while, really. He even stopped down Φλωρεντία—Florence—street in the wizarding town of Σεντ Τζέιμς—St. James—for a cup of coffee. He also grabbed a bagel before he left.

He checked his calendar a few times when he got home. They were going to Britain in a few weeks.

Severus napped for almost 3 hours on his couch after procrastinating reading The Picture of Dorian Grey. He decided to just not work that day.