In Danger

Author's note: my friend has a new fanfic check it out! http://www.wattpad.com/132826800-savior-a-jonnor-fanfic-drink-at-night

Stef screeched to a stop in her police SUV in front of Connor's house. Connor and Jude jumped into the back seat, closed the doors and buckled up. Stef hit the lights and siren and headed for Sacred Cross. "How is she?" Stef asked, looking in the mirror at Connor. "Was she hurt badly?"

"I'm not sure," Connor said. "Dad just said they're working on her now."

Stef nodded grimly. "It looks like you were right, Jude. "El mellizo bueno may be after Connor and his father. I don't know why else someone would have tried to shoot him."

Connor was breathing hard. "Yeah, that bullet was supposed to hit him."

Jude took his hand. So often in the past Connor had reassured him when he was scared or anxious...now he had to try to do the same for Connor, who always seemed to be the strong one...he squeezed Connor's hand supportively and Connor gave him a little smile.

Stef pulled up to the emergency entrance of Sacred Cross and killed the siren but kept the lights going. The three of them piled out and went into the hospital. Mike was there talking to Adam. Connor dashed for his dad and hugged him. "Are you okay?" Connor asked.

"I'm fine, son. I'm okay." He patted Connor on the back.

Connor detangled from him. "What about Ella? How is she?"

"They're fixing her up now. She's going to be okay. The bullet just grazed her shoulder."

Stef looked at Adam grimly. "And she said you had a laser sight trained on you?" He nodded. "I can't believe this is happening," Stef said.

The nurse came out and talked to Mike. "She's ready now."

"I'm gonna get her statement," Mike said to Stef. She nodded and Mike followed the nurse into the room where Ella was being treated.

"What do we do?" Adam said to Stef.

She sighed in exasperation. "We need to find this so-called 'Good Twin' and get him off the street. I talked to Turner on the way over to your place and they were able to get some good leads from the picture and the information Jude gave them, and the raid on the warehouse. It was full of drugs, not surprisingly."

"Why would he go after my dad?" Connor asked.

"Probably because his brother was killed in your rescue. Revenge killings are a common thing in the Mexican cartels. You two may have to go out of town or somewhere else safe for awhile."

"What about the Getty place?" Jude asked. "It's not easy to get to and could be protected easily."

"Good idea. Want to try calling her?"

Jude nodded and wandered off to the side. He dialed on his phone.

Robin answered. "Hi Jude, how are you?"

"Okay. Hey, I wanted to ask you a favor. Connor and his father need a place to lay low for awhile, do you think they could stay at Hidden Cove?"

"Let me check with my soon-to-be ex-husband, but I'm guessing it'll be okay."

"Thanks, let me know. Is everything good with you?"

"Yes, Jude. Thanks for all you did. I'm glad Robert's out of jail and that he and Jill are trying to work it out. And you can call me Robin Gates now-I petitioned the court for my maiden name back in the divorce papers."

"Okay, sure. Thanks for being willing to help."

"Of course, Jude. Take care of Connor and we'll talk soon."