Ensenada

With a big thank you/gracias to @gavinmacintoshchile for help with Spanish!

"Anything else?" the desk clerk asked.

"Yes," Stef said. "There's another thing I'd like to ask you about."

Lena, Connor and Jude were standing in the lobby, waiting for their room keys. Connor heard something and turned around. A hispanic boy about the same age as him and Jude was standing behind him, looking at him shyly. "Hi," Connor said, waving.

The boy blushed a bright red.

"Miguel! Leave those people alone," one of the bellboys said. The boy dashed away. "Sorry if he was bothering you," the bellboy said. "Él es huérfano."

Connor gave him a confused look. "What? Sorry, I only know a little Spanish."

"He's a... runaway. Homeless. We let him stay around here as long as he doesn't beg or bother people."

The kid had retreated to the other side of the room, were he looked at Connor hesitantly.

"What was that all about?" Jude asked. He pulled Connor into a kiss.

"I thought we were going to..."

"Stef asked and we don't have to worry about homophobia here."

"Bueno," Connor said, drawing him into a hug.

"I didn't know you spoke Spanish?"

"Just a little," Connor said, and kissed Jude again. He looked around, but Miguel was gone.

***

"You boys ready for the beach?" Lena asked. "It was nice of you both to win this trip for us."

"Yeah, well it was mostly Sophia and Taylor's work and they were generous giving us all of the tickets," Jude remarked. "And let's just say it's a good thing it wasn't Taylor shooting at Connor when we broke into her house. She didn't miss once."

Lena laughed. "Nice that we can joke about that now, isn't it? Was pretty stressful when it happened."

He nodded. They walked to the beach, Stef and Lena hand in hand and Jude and Connor the same.

Connor looked sideways at Jude. "I hope you put on enough sunblock pale-boy," he said.

Jude play-smacked him. "I'm not sun-kissed like you."

"Will there be a sequel this time? Beach Boner Two?" Connor's hand slipped into a pinky-hold.

"Still preoccupied with my uncircumcised cock, eh?" Jude said, with a little sneer.

"Still preoccupied with my muscles?" He smiled at Jude. They walked onto the sand and dropped their towels and Connor tugged on Jude's pinky. "Com'on, let's swim." They ran into the water, splashing each other. Connor picked Jude up and dumped him into the surf. Surfacing, Jude wiped his eyes and tried to dump Connor, but had to settle with pushing him off balance into the water.

Connor noticed something out of the corner of his eye. At the far edge of the sand the Miguel boy was squatting, watching them.

"Who is that?" Jude asked, frowning.

"The guy at the hotel said he was homeless, and he looks like he's our age. God, can you imagine? I keep thinking about how you were crawling through berry bushes, but at least you had a house to go to and a bed to sleep in."