Justice

"Rise and state your name and occupation for the court."

The policeman stood. "Jared Herman, police office, San Diego Police Department."

"Please raise your right hand. Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"I do."

"Your witness, counsel."

"Thank you, your honor." The Juvenile Deputy District Attorney turned to Officer Herman. "I understand you interviewed the accused on May 21st, the night of the incident in question?"

"That's correct." He looked at the accused, who was sullenly brooding at the defense table.

"And defendant admitted that he verbally and physically assaulted the victim?"

Jared nodded. "Yes."

***

"State your name for the court."

"Jude Adams Foster."

"Please raise your right hand. Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"I do." Jude adjusted his tie as he sat back down.

"Your witness."

"Jude, is the boy who attacked you in this room?"

"Yes."

"Will you identify him, please?"

Jude looked at the defense table. "It's the defendant."

"Are you one-hundred percent sure?"

"He was in my face yelling 'faggot' and pushed me down to the ground. It's not something I'm going to forget." He glared at his assailant, who looked down at the floor and then whispered something to his lawyer.

The lawyer stood. "Sorry to interrupt, your honor. But my client wishes to change his plea."

***

"What will happen to him?" Jude asked Stef.

"Oh, he'll go to juvey, like Callie did. After he serves his sentence he'll be on probation, and he has to do community service, pay back restitution, go to counseling, and stay out of trouble with the law. I'm proud of you honey, it must have been tough to be up there and tell the truth about what happened to you."

"It wasn't," Jude said. "And it wasn't just for me. I did it for Connor, and anyone else like us."

She kissed his forehead.

***

Connor and Jude were in Jude's bed, getting ready for lights out. "When I told Mariana I was staying the night again she said I should just move in."

Jude gave him a short little grin.

"Are you okay baby?" Connor asked. Jude had a sad look on his face. Connor lifted his chin. "What?"

"Nothing," Jude said. Connor poked him. "Okay. I'll...tell you later. I'm just thinking about some things."

"Well, I'm always around if you want to say what's on your mind. You keep saying I'm the one who never talked about what he was feeling."

"It's just..." Jude paused. "It doesn't have to be now, or tomorrow, or anytime soon. But I want you to be my first."

Connor smiled and winked at him. "Why, you been thinking about, you know...doing it?"

"It's just...the whole thing of being attacked kind of made me think that I shouldn't waste time."

"If you need it, let's do it."

"No, it's not that. I just wanted you to know that I want you to be my first."

Connor stared into Jude's eyes. "What is it, baby, talk to me."

Jude looked down at Connor's crotch. "I've just been...noticing it."

Connor smacked him playfully. "Pervert. So you've been noticing that it's constantly hard when I'm with you? It's not like yours isn't."

"I know. It's just...I haven't been able to get it off my mind today."

"Well, you can touch it, if you want to."

Jude bit his lip. Hesitantly, he put his hand on Connor's crotch, his fingers folding around Connor's erection. It twitched underneath Connor's pajamas and Jude grinned. "Wow. It's big. And definitely hot-blooded."

Connor laughed. "Not really big, you ever watch porn?"

"Yeah, and I don't want us to be all...crude and empty like that. When I think about us doing it, it's like the most amazing thing that's ever happened. And, this isn't it...not yet." He moved his hand away.

"Don't worry, baby. I want you to be my first, too." Connor kissed him. "Dream about me?"

Jude smiled. "Always." He turned his back to Connor so he was in their favorite position. He felt Connor's chest heaving against his back, the same back that had been roughed up when he was assaulted. With the warm of Connor soaking into it, his muscles relaxed and he could feel his skin tingle. He reached over and turned out the light, and fell asleep.