"5 AM call and a series of unfortunate events"

The night fell silent and only little breathes and snores could be heard around the dorm Y/n was living in. Spring break was over and she felt a little less alone as her roommates started to slowly reappear. The moon was sharing dim rays of light in the bedroom Y/n was peacefully sleeping in, mentally drained from the horrid week she had just experienced. A book was laying open on her chest and the fairy lights hanging around the room were left on. Disturbance seemed like an impossible scenario when everything is so peaceful and utopic.

A phone ringing woke up Y/n and as her night dreams were starting to fade away, her arms expanded towards the ceiling. She was stretching like a cat waking up from a nap.
"Your phone is ringing" whispered softly the ceiling, trying to make Y/n more aware. Her eyelids fluttered open and she was met by darkness. Confused, she muttered something underneath her breath. Her slim hand reaches for the phone sitting beside her.
"My sister... What could she want from me at this hour? Maybe she didn't check my time before calling me." She thought, with confusion in her mind. The curiosity got the best of her so she picked up the phone.
"Hello," She said. For a moment there could not be a thing heard on the phone other than heavy breathing.
"Y/n..." a shaky voice spoke on the other line of the phone.
Her heart dropped and a state of panic took hold of her. The phone was shaking with her hand and her whole body hurt. Breathing hurt, her eyes hurt, her throat hurt.

Once she ended the call she tried getting on her feet but fell straight to the floor. Her limbs were weak and her words were being held back by an unknown force. Thoughts went like bullets through her brain and nothing made sense.

-Y/n's pov-

My hands were shaking and I didn't know who to ask for help. I needed help, I couldn't figure this out on my own. A tear fell on my cheek and angrily I wiped it away. I was desperately searching through my mind, trying to find someone that could help me.
"Izzy?" I can't bother her, she's miles away, in another state with her family. I can't destroy her family vacation.
"Colby?" Let's be fucking honest now, he hasn't spoken to me since that night. I can't call him now.
"Hannah?" ...

I grabbed onto the bedside and stood up on my feet, slowly regaining my balance. I ran with weak knees to her room and opened the door. Casey wasn't here as usual, but Hannah was sleeping.
I made my way to her bed and shook her upper arm and shoulder.
"Hannah" I whispered, trying not to freak her out.
"Yes.. who?" she spoke shortly after.
"It's me, Y/n..." I spoke softly, trying to be as nice as possible. My heart was aching and my hand was still trembling.
"What happened? Why are you shaking?" She spoke confusedly about getting up. I made my way out of her room.
"It's an emergency. I need to pack." I explained as I made my way back to my room anxiously.

Hannah rummaged through my closet getting clothes and folding them neatly on the floor as I took out my suitcase from under the bed. I pushed it her way as I reached for my laptop. I searched the Internet for about 10 minutes and I noticed Hannah staring at me.
"I'm looking for a flight." I explained as I was reading the plane tickets with speed.
"Found some good ones?" Hannah asked, grabbing my Jordans from my dresser.
"I have to pick between two. First leaving in about roughly two hours, flying for about 17 hours without stops and arriving at Bucharest. The thing is that from Bucharest I have about 2 more hours to get home by car or train." I stopped to catch my breath. I sat the laptop on the bed and went into the kitchen to grab my purse and wallet.
"The second option would be: I leave at 9 o'clock and make about 20 hours on a plane and from Bucharest I take a direct flight back to my city and it will be only a matter of minutes to arrive where I'm needed." I continued sitting down with a shiver going down my spine as I spoke.
"You said it's an emergency, right?" Hannah asked, trying to prove a point.
"Ok.." I sighted out loud in distress.
I grabbed my phone and dialled a number I hoped not to call. Hannah finished my bag and motioned me to give her the laptop to buy the ticket and finish the bank transaction.

The phone rang once... then twice... then three times and right when I thought he wasn't going to pick up I heard his voice.
"Oh god Y/n it's 5 in the morning... Are you ok?" I heard Nate audibly yawn.
"Hi Nate, I'm so sorry but I need your help right now. It's kind of an emergency." I said with desperation in my voice.
"Yeah ... sure, I mean I'm already awake. What's up?" He babbled.
"I need you to give me a ride as soon as possible. If you can and it's not too spontaneous for you in about... 10 to 15 minutes." I asked with uneasiness. My face squished waiting for rejection.
"Oh... I'll be there then." He spoke blankly.
"Thank you so much! I will explain everything to you when you get here." I said thankfully.

Hannah bought the ticket in the meantime so the only thing I was left to do was get ready myself. Easier said than done. The rushed preparation for my leaving got me a bit out of the shock state, yet not fully.

I concealed my under eye bags and did my hygiene, dressed comfortably for my upcoming flight and packed some essentials in my handbag. I grabbed my ID, passport and other documents and headed out. Right before Hannah grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug. She wished me to be safe and advised me to call her before take off and when we land no matter the hour. I kept my cool, pulling away from the hug. I waved goodbye to her and to the place where I feel most at home.

Standing outside the dormitory my thoughts felt foreign, strange

Standing outside the dormitory my thoughts felt foreign, strange... not my own. Bubblegum skies above my head we're giving the colours that were missing from my life right this moment.
A lonely tear escaped my eye as I thought about returning "home".

My eyes were overflowing without emotion as I shifted my gaze off the campus. I noticed Nate's car approaching me. I threw a last look towards my safe place before leaving. Small whimpering left my mouth and I whispered under my breath: "See you later!"
I turned my back to it and the sleeve of my hoodie travelled to cover my eyes.
This is not how I planned my day to go...