"Hi stranger"

I have this fuzzy memory from when I was heavily intoxicated. I was on the bathroom floor for quite a while, I was lost in time and space so I don't know for how long I was out of it.

It surely is a weird feeling being unconscious, yet being able to hear muffled talking and music in the background as well as being able to feel when someone comes in and moves the hair out of your face. I recall a few people talking and I suddenly felt the energy of the room change. A pair of hands slipped under my knees and back, carrying me somewhere. I felt too weak to even open my eyes and the rest of the night remains a complete blur.

I woke up in a strange bed with a pounding headache. I stood up and looked around the dimly lighted room. The black silky sheets caressed my bare legs. The dark vibe of the room was welcoming, yet scary and the black canopy that hangs over my head made me feel like a malevolent princess.

"Where the hell am I?" I wondered to myself, putting the palm of my hand on my forehead.

I could hear music coming from the other room so I figured I'm still at Sam and Colby's place, but I couldn't quite put my finger on something... whose bed am I sleeping in? I looked to my right to find a glass of water on the bedside. Just as I was reaching to get it, a door opened and Colby came out with a towel over his shoulders. His hair was dripping wet and he was wearing just a pair of black sweatpants. His eyes widened as he saw me awake.

"Hey are you feeling alright? Do you need anything?" He asked, coming towards me with lazy  steps.

"Yeah... I'm alright, I've just got this horrid headache." I answered looking down to give the man some privacy. After all, I was in his room. I was pinching the bridge of my nose to relieve some pain."What time is it?" I asked as a slight blush came to my cheeks.

"It's about 6 AM. People started leaving the party already. You should lay down though.." he said.

"I'm good, don't worry about me." ...Then it hit me.. "Izzy... where is Izzy, Colby?" I asked, my voice cracking a bit. Tears started flooding my eyes as I thought about the fact that I left her all alone when she needed me. I looked up at him as a tear rolled down my cheek and his eyes widened.

"Hey, hey don't cry. She's all good. Safe and sound back at the dorms. Nate left about 2 hours ago to take her home." he explained, rubbing the palm of my hand.

"God, you're still under the influence of whatever huh..." he whispered under his breath. Colby gently pushed me down on my back and ran back in the room he just came out of. When he came back I was starting to calm down, processing the information sluggishly. He approached me with an aspirin in his hand.

"Thank you and I'm sorry." I was slightly embarrassed by the way I overreacted. I couldn't control anything I did. Colby nodded and smiled at me understandingly.He then asked:

"Is it alright with you if we sleep in the same bed? It's quite big so I dont think it's a problem.

"Sure thing, I don't mind." I said, having no problem whatsoever. I dozed off feeling Colby's back touching mine. Falling asleep next to someone is comforting when all your life you've been alone.

My eyes flutter open as the sunlight hits my face and I take a deep breath. My eyes open and I suddenly remember that I'm not back at the dorms.. I'm in Colby's bed. I turn to look at him when I realise no one is in bed next to me anymore. I search for my phone but it's nowhere to be found so I'm left with no other option than to go downstairs.

I shily go down the stairs and make my way to the living room. Sam was just chilling on his phone and some soft music was playing in the background.There was a really pretty girl sitting right next to him, watching tik toks and giggling. I took a deep breath and built up my courage..