"Champagne poetry" ²

Izzy wiped my tears away and reassured me that we will deal with this as soon as possible. My eyes were red, puffy and my mascara was basically gone. She handed me her mascara and instructed me to go to the bathroom and wash my face with cold water before coming into the party.

When we arrived I was looking down at the pavement so nobody would see my red eyes.

"Hi Izzy! Hi Y/n! It's so nice to see you again!" Sam greeted both of us with a big hug.

"Hey, why is she looking kind of down?" He said, pointing at me.

"I just need to use the restroom." I responded with a breaking voice, as he looked back at Iz like he didn't buy it.

"Well help yourself, you already know where it is!" He joked trying to lighten the very obvious, not so happy mood. I couldn't help but let out a small, but very upset chuckle. I made my way to the bathroom and soon I was out of their sight. As they went towards the living room Iz turned to Sam and said: "Sam, could you lend us some ice in a bag? Something unfortunate happened right before we could get in the car."

"Oh my god is everything alright?" He asked, looking genuinely very concerned.

"For now, I don't think it is, but we will figure something out." She answered and paused.

"Has Nate arrived?" She continued.

"No, but he will soon." Sam responded, picking up ice and putting it in a plastic bag.

I entered the room after I applied mascara on my eyelashes with my trembling hand. Sam and Izzy's eyes shifted towards me.

"Y/n do you want anything to drink?" Sam asked me.

"Uhh yeah, I'll get a gin tonic if you have any." I answered looking at Izzy approaching me with the bag of ice in her hand.

"Here!" She said, placing it on my hand. My teeth clenched in pain.

"Thank you!" the response escaped from in between my teeth.

"So we are the first to arrive?" I asked, sitting down on the sofa.

"Yeah pretty much!" Sam replied. "Colby will get down in a minute and Kat will be running late. Brennen is also about to arrive." He continued.

Izzy went to the speaker and started playing chill music. Sam handed me the drink and sat down on the other sofa, vibing to the music. I rummaged impatiently through my purse.

"Izzy did you grab my cigarettes, by any chance?" I asked her, making an unfortunate realisation." She looked at me with a pained look, shaking her head from side to side. My night was officially ruined.

We chilled to the music for a couple more minutes, until Nate entered the room.

"Dude, I was knocking like crazy so I just let myself in." He said and Sam started laughing. I waved to him and he greeted me with his smiling eyes, while Izzy was approaching him.
She took him by the hand and dragged him to the kitchen. I'm pretty sure she was telling him about our sudden encounter with Jayden. He looked my way with a concerned look.

"Sam, do you think there's any chance that Colby is out smoking?" I asked.

"I honestly don't know. You can go and see and if he's not there, you can knock on his door. I'm pretty sure he's ready, but he doesn't want to come down, just yet." Sam explained. I got up and grabbed my drink with my injured hand. I squinted my eyes in pain, but carried on.

Just as I was going up the stairs, Colby came out of his room. His eyes widened, surprised by the sudden appearance.

"Hey Y/n, can I help you with anything, you look like you're struggling a bit there." He said as he was already coming towards me.