Uphill or Downhill

Ophelia

After Ethan and I spent about thirty minutes, near the fireflies and took a hell lot of pictures, we decided to leave.

As we were walking, I rubbed my arms for the fifth time in ten minutes as I felt the cold wind blow against me.

Ethan looked at me and asked, "Are you cold?"

"Yes, a little," I nodded.

He nodded and kept walking.

"Aren't you supposed to offer me your jacket or something?" I asked him with a frown.

"Why would I do that? I just have one. If I give that to you, what will I do?" he frowned and my mouth fell open.

"But, there is a girl in front of you who is feeling cold," I pouted.

"So? That doesn't mean I don't feel cold. Just because you are a girl, I have to give my jacket to you and then, I can die from cold? That doesn't sound fair to me. You should have gotten your own jacket," he shrugged.

"You are supposed to be chivalrous!" I accused.

"Maybe, but, as far as I know, I am the sensitive princess out here, remember?" he raised his eyebrows at me.

"That you are," I rolled my eyes.

"Exactly. I am sensitive and you are strong so, I guess you can withstand it for some time," he shrugged.

"Ethan!" I cribbed.

"What?" he asked.

"I am feeling very cold," I said sweetly.

"Hmmm...let me think. Maybe if you say please," he teased.

I rolled my eyes, "Please, Ethan, can I have the jacket?"

"No," he said and laughed.

"What?" I scoffed.

"Maybe if you try to say it without rolling your eyes," he said with a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him and clenched my fist to stop myself from rolling my eyes as I said, "Ethan, can I please have the jacket? I am feeling cold."

"No," he said again and I scowled at him.

Jerk!

I stomped as I walked past him angrily.

If he isn't going to share it, I might as well reach home faster.

"Ophelia, wait," he called behind me but, I didn't bother.

"Okay, okay, okay. Wait," he said as he stopped me.

I glared at him and he said, "Let's share it?"

I nodded and he took it off. The jacket was big enough and we both covered our shoulders with it, as we walked side by side, with our arms brushing against each other.

The entire way back, we kept talking and teasing each other about random topics and before we knew it, the cottage was back in sight.

"Don't you dare tell them that I had anything to do with this like today morning," Ethan warned me.

I chuckled, "I won't."

"God, I hope the place is still the same from inside as when we left it," he sighed.

"Don't worry. What's the worst that's gonna happen? At the most, one of them is gonna be dead by the time we are inside," I shrugged.

"Ophelia!" he gritted.

I laughed and shrugged the jacket off my shoulders, taking a few steps towards the house, "We can hide the body in the backyard."

"I am gonna kill you, woman," Ethan chased me as I ran towards the door.