Vicious or Virtuous

Ophelia

I gulped looking at the woman in front of me.

No, I was not scared. I was in awe of her.

The elegance that she had, the way her eyes were scanning me up and down and yet not having the slightest look of judgement and the vibe around her that clearly said 'Don't take me for a fool' were just enough to make anyone run for the hills.

Anyone but, me.

Because she was what I would like to be. I would love to have that confidence in myself.

"Now, I am really sorry about this sudden visit but, Ethan has been avoiding my calls lately. I presume to avoid the constant reminder of making me meet his wife?" she looked at Ethan with challenge in her eyes.

"Mama", Ethan groaned and looked away rolling his eyes.

I bit back the smile that was about to form on my face at how the mighty, arrogant Ethan Welsh had turned into a school boy in front of his mother.

She turned to look at me and said, "I have been wanting to meet you for quite sometime now, Ophelia. In fact, I have really asked Ethan multiple times in the last four months to do it. But, he has always avoided me. But, recently, I found out that his wife, you, of course, are a well-known business woman and a millionaire yourself. That made me even more eager to meet you. So, I decide to take matters into my own hands."

"It's alright. You aren't bothering us at all", I told her honestly.

She looked at me with raised eyebrows and said, "In that case, you wouldn't mind having a cup of tea with me, would you?"

"Anytime", I nodded eagerly.

"Well, in that case, would you mind making two cups of tea?" she asked me.

"Now?" I asked her.

"Yes, now's better than ever", she shrugged.

"Mom, I don't think it is a very feasible idea. We both need to get to work", Ethan pitched in.

"I am not asking you to stay, gios. I meant it to be only me and Ophelia and I assume Ophelia can speak for herself?" she looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Umm sure. I mean I already had my breakfast but I am in for another cup of tea", I shrugged.

I would honestly love to talk to her and get to know more about her. I really wanna learn from this woman. Besides, what's worse that could happen? It is not like she has to like me, right? I am leaving in a few months anyways.

"Uh..Ophelia, can I talk to to you for a second?" Ethan said and before I could say anything he held my arm and dragged me to his room.

He opened the door and pulled me inside.

He locked the door and turned to look at me.

"What the hell was that?" he said.

"What the hell is this?" I said as I took in his room.

My mouth fell open and my eyes widened in shock at the sight in front of me.

I took a deep breath to get me to focus.

"What the hell is this, Ethan? Why is your room looking like a dumpster just exploded here?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" he frowned and looked around.

"Are you seriously asking me that? Can't you see what a mess this is? Your clothes are lying everywhere. Your bed is all messed up and those seem to be your shoes that are lying on your desk. Your pillows are on the floor. I don't even wanna begin to think how the hell do you manage to sleep in here?" I asked and looked at him as if he had grown two heads.