Imperfect or Perfect

Ophelia

"I am going to eat. Vuoi qualcosa?" I said as I walked to the kitchen.

It has been three months since that unfortunate night when I got married to the jerk of the century and it has been two months and twenty nine days since I last saw him.

True to his words, Ethan Welsh never showed me his face after he left that day threatening to make me suffer for the marriage conspiracy. Henry came a few days later with the prenup papers and I signed them instantly. He left after locking the study and Mr. Welsh's room.

Since, then it has been just me in this apartment.

Thankfully, of course.

To add to the list of good things, my work is going awesome and we just launched Inspiration, which was obviously another success. Taylor has been in touch with me and keeping me updated on the stuff back in Italy. Carla has been a constant support. She is always behind my back and takes care of me like my elder sister. Payton has been visiting more often too and we have developed a friendship, especially as I am teaching her how to speak Italian. I am finally starting to feel happy again as things seem to be getting back to normal once again.

"Ophelia, look", Payton hurried towards me with a paper in her hand.

"Payton, slow down", I told her as I caught her before she would fall off her chair.

"Sorry, I just got really excited", she said sheepishly.

"I have no idea what I will do with you", Carla rolled her eyes as she walked towards us.

"Relax, mom. I am good. Ophelia, look", she said handing over the newspaper to me.

"What is it?" Carla asked leaning over to look.

"It is today's newspaper. It says that your handsome husband is back in Seattle", Payton winked at me and I rolled my eyes at her.

Obviously, they don't know the whole truth of the marriage. I am not allowed to tell anyone about it. But, they have kind of guessed that things aren't normal between me and Mr. Welsh. Even a dense person would know if your so called spouse will leave you alone for months right after being married. Luckily, they have respected my privacy and have not asked me questions or mentioned about it to anyone. Mr. Welsh has got some really loyal staff at his service. I gotta give him that.

"Well, it's about time, I think. Don't you?" Carla asked me and I just shrugged.

"Do you think he will visit you?" Payton asked me.

"I don't know", I told her honestly.

"I am sure he will. He will come here and stay with you and then, you both will spend more time together and he will finally fall in love with you and never wanna let you go. How romantic!" Payton gushed.

Yeah, right. As if that will happen.

"Shut up, Pay. Get over your romance novels, girl. That isn't how real life works", Carla chuckled.

"Of course, it does. Ophelia is so sweet and nice. I am sure if Mr. Welsh spends enough time with Ophelia, he will definitely see that and fall in love with her", Payton smiled.

"I don't think he even believes in love, Pay", Carla laughed.

"Really?" I frowned as it was new information.

"Yes, I don't think he believes in love. I have never seen him having a serious relationship in all these years. Except well you", Carla looked at me with a confused expression, probably thinking if she can even a call this a relationship.