Just Friends or More

Ophelia

"Achu.."

"Oh god! Really? It has been three days, Ethan. Are you still sick? And all this because of dancing in the rain for just about thirty minutes," I said and rolled my eyes.

"This is all because of you. It is all your fault, "he groaned and sipped on his tea that Carla just gave him.

Yup, my sweet Carla finally forgave me and is back and not to forget, really, really happy.

I am proud of myself. Eric is a great man.

"Damn you, Ethan. I hadn't forced you to join me, had I? How can you blame me for something you did by your own free will? Stop making excuses and just admit that you are a delicate little boy, "I giggled.

He narrowed his eyes at me and opened his mouth to say something but ended up sneezing again, making me laugh.

"Damn it, Ophelia. I shouldn't have listened to you, "he groaned, picking up another tissue.

I clicked my tongue and said, "Oh my dear delicate princess, if only I could roll back the time and stop you."

"Stop it, woman. You are irritating a sick man, "he said with irritation.

"Yup, and I am totally enjoying it. Now, on a serious note, this sick man is supposed to fly to Athens on the weekend so, he better get fixed by then", I told him ruffling his hair a bit on my way to the sink.

"If not, I am taking you with me to take care of me after all. It is all your fault," he said and got up to place his cup in the sink.

"Nuh uh. That ain't happening, "I said and followed him out of the kitchen.

"Why not?"

"You are such a spoilt kid. You can't take care of yourself too?" I chuckled.

"No, I mean, why do you not want to come?" he asked.

"Because...." I trailed off and gulped nervously.

"Because?" he asked softly.

"Because I want to stay as far away from you as possible," I laughed.

Ethan just sighed and shook his head.

"We will have to take a little detour on the way to the office. I am supposed to meet Ash in his office today. So, I will get off and then Mr. Coles can drop you to office, "he told me, picking up his bag from the couch.

"You are going to meet Ash? Can I come too?" I asked.

"You wanna join us?" he frowned and looked at me as we left the apartment.

"Yes, it has been long since I saw him. Well, unless you are discussing something confidential, "I told him.

"No, you can come. Just I didn't know you were close, "he frowned.

"Well, after the party we haven't really met. But, we chatted a couple of times. He is fun, "I told him, and he just nodded.

We sat in the car and soon we reached Ash's office. We got out of the car and I saw the name of the street.

"Wait, this street? Isn't the Space Needle somewhere close from here?"I said as I looked around.

"Yeah, it is there look", he pointed behind me.

I turned and saw it, "Oh my god. Can we go there after this?" I asked and turned to face Ethan.

"Not today. I have too much work, Ophelia. Maybe some other time, "he told me and walked to the building.