Denial or Agony

Ophelia

"Ophelia? Meaning the Ophelia?" Ethan's dad asked him with surprise as I regained from my shock.

"Yes, dad. The Ophelia, "Ethan rolled his eyes.

I gulped as his father turned his gaze towards me.

"I...uhmm..."

Damn it. This is bad.

See, Ophelia, it is reasons like these why you should keep your temper in control and not try to correct every other person's attitude!

What do I even say now?

"Let's... sit inside, "Ethan said, looking between us with a frown.

"Of course, if only I am allowed to go inside," his dad replied with his eyes on me.

I gulped and pursed my lips in embarrassment.

"What?" Ethan frowned.

"Nothing," his dad replied and opened the door to Ethan's office as we all followed.

Ethan sat on his chair, and his dad and Henry sat opposite to him as I went to settle into my couch.

I walked to the couch when his dad said, "Care to join us?"

I looked to see that he was talking to me.

I nodded and walked to sit with them.

"So, how's business going on, son?" his dad asked Ethan.

"Good. We just managed to bag another deal, "Ethan gave him a proud smile.

"That's good to hear. I knew that it wouldn't be a bad decision to retire and hand over the business to you", his dad smiled at him, and Ethan rolled his eyes slightly embarrassed.

Now that I think of it, Ethan's dad does look a lot like him. Except for the greys, he is a perfect replica of Ethan.

That being said, I am pretty sure that he must have been as handsome as Ethan is in his youth.

No doubt Anastasia fell for him.

I wonder, though. How did Anastasia manage to get past his rich ass attitude? How did he look past Anastasia's cold demeanor?

It would definitely be a good topic for next time when I meet her.

"Right, Ophelia?" Ethan's sudden question got me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked, surprised.

"Is he right that you are bored at home, and that is why you are planning to work from this office more often?" repeated Ethan's dad.

"Um.. yeah, that's the plan," I nodded with a small smile.

"Lost in Ethan's thoughts, I presume?" he smirked at me.

Ethan scoffed, "Not a chance. She was probably lost in thoughts of her next project idea."

Ethan's dad looked at Ethan with slight surprise and then gave a small distant smile, "Workaholic, huh?"

"Yeah, pretty much," Ethan winked at me.

"They are always something," Ethan's dad said softly.

"Huh?" I frowned.

"Nothing," he gave me a small smile.

Just then, Henry's phone rang, and he looked at it.

"I think I need to go. Ethan, can you come with me? Need to talk about something, "Henry said, hanging up.