Apologize or Don't Talk

Ethan

"Damn it! How the fuck did I miss that?!" I said cursing myself.

"I had warned you to see past your anger. I had told you that she is no gold digger. But, you didn't listen to me at all", Ash told me.

"Okay. It is not completely my fault, alright? She always introduced herself as Ophelia. There are at least one thousand Ophelias out there. How would I know she is Ms. Russo? No one has ever seen Ophelia Russo. The internet is barred off her pictures, she doesn't visit public gatherings and she definitely doesn't meet clients in person. How would I have guessed it!" I exclaimed angrily.

"You would have know if you would have tried talking to her instead of blaming her and calling her a scheming tramp!" Ash scoffed.

"You don't get to blame about it. You didn't realise it either. The situation we were in was bad and confusing. What would you have if you were in my place?" I asked him.

"If I were in your place, I would have at least given her a chance instead of judging her like that without even trying", he told me.

"How did you find out?" I asked him changing the topic.

"There were some women bad mouthing her and she got into an argument with them. Long story short, she gave her business card to them at the end and asked them to look up her name. I guess the grapevine did its work then", he explained to me.

I nodded in understanding.

"Where is she?" I asked him.

He glared at me and said, "How would I know? You should keep a track. She is your wife, not mine."

"Stop calling her that", I growled at him in a low voice.

Ashton rolled his eyes and said, "What are you gonna do now?"

I took a breath and looked at him, "Honestly? I don't know."

Ophelia

As we got in the car and the driver started driving back home, my thoughts drifted to all the events tonight. It was my first time to go to a business party and it was exactly what I had heard about from Taylor. I used to get a lot of invitations for many business parties back in Italy. But, I was never interested in coming out in public as the owner of Belle.

I don't like applying makeup and it would seem weird to not use something that your company is selling to others. Not good for business. So, I would always ask Taylor to go to them instead. She is the face of the company after all, the famous model of Belle.

But, to be honest, I really had fun tonight. Well, for the most part.

I really didn't want it to come to the point with that lady where I had to literally boast about myself. But, she was starting to get on my nerves. So, I had to do it. I can definitely say that the look of embarrassment on her face for the rest of the night gave me a guiltily satisfying pleasure.

Aside from that, after the revelation, suddenly I was the center of everyone's attention. Everyone in the room wanted to talk to me and get to know me. People started introducing themselves and people who didn't know me before wanted to suddenly know everything about me. I felt absolutely overwhelmed with so much attention.

I wonder what Taylor would say when she finds out. Obviously, it would be in the papers tomorrow. It is impossible for such an interesting gossip to not spread.

"You didn't tell me you were Ophelia Russo", Mr. Welsh spoke surprising me.

I turned to look at him. This is the first time he has spoken to me in that tone since we met.