Simple or Exquisite

Ophelia

"So, what are you wearing?" Payton asked me.

"I don't know. I have a few dresses that I have bought over the last few months. I'll choose one from them", I told her sipping on my juice.

"Are you serious? You are going to a party as Ethan Welsh's wife and you will wear an old dress?" she looked at me with disbelief.

"Correction. I am going there as Ophelia Russo", I told her.

"Ophelia Welsh, you mean?" she raised an eyebrow at me.

I rolled my eyes as I tried not to cringe.

"I don't care. I am not wasting my money on something that doesn't even matter to me", I told her firmly.

"Are you scared of going out after what happened last time?" she asked me after a minute.

"What? No, of course not", I scoffed closing my eyes as a shiver ran down my spine.

"You haven't gone out since that day, Ophelia. I can understand if you are scared", she told me with sadness in her voice.

"I am not. Besides it was weeks ago", I told her rolling my eyes.

"Fine, whatever you say. But, please wear something nice", she pleaded.

"What do you suggest?", I asked her.

"Wear that blue dress you bought last month", she told me.

"It is sleeveless. Won't work. How about that pink dress we ordered together?" I told her.

"Nah! It is more of a sundress than an evening gown. What about the white one?" Payton asked.

"It is too casual. How about the yellow?" I asked.

"Too bright for a gala", she said.

"Uh! I hate this time difference. It would have been so much easier if I could just call Taylor and ask. But, she is obviously sleeping right now. It is three in the morning in Rome", I told her.

"You can ask her tomorrow", Payton suggested.

"Nah! She has shooting all day", I shook my head.

"Then, we got to do this by ourselves. Wait, how about the green one?" she asked.

"Which one?" I asked with a frown.

"The one mom and I gifted you for your birthday", Payton reminded me.

"Oh yeah! That one is nice indeed. Will it go with those studs I bought?" I asked.

"They will look perfect", she squealed.

"Great!" I told her with a smile.

"Oh and tie your hair in a good hair style, okay? Try the half crown. It will look good in your hair. By the way, I love your hair. It is so vibrant", she said.

"Thank you. I will try it. Now, tell me how was your Sunday?" I asked her.

"It was usual. But, guess what? I found out who we can set my mom up with?" she said excitedly.

"Really? Who?" I asked sitting up straight as I was suddenly excited.

"Don't yell, okay? I just think that they are perfect", she cautioned me.

"Who is it, Pay?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"So, remember I told you about that new Mathematics teacher in my school?" she asked me.

"The one everyone thinks is super hot?" I asked her.

"Yes. So, I found out that he is our neighbor. I think if mom meets him once, they might click", Payton told me.