𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 29

Demonic Menace

"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒖𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆. 𝑰𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏."
-𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏 𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒉

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"The white devil," Lian Xiu muttered in disdain, locking eyes with the entity she hadn't expected to encounter today.

After trailing the peculiar spiders down the manhole, she had navigated a labyrinth of scraps and sewage water, eventually stumbling into a spacious room brimming with objects radiating life energy. At its center stood a young girl, but Lian Xiu recognized the aura. She knew immediately this girl was of ancient origin, a being she had faced before at the fall of a burgeoning empire.

The Lady Bone Demon arched an eyebrow, assessing Lian Xiu's appearance and the alertness in her stance, a smirk playing on her lips. "Well, well, if it isn't the demon huntress who keeps coming back from the dead."

Just as she thought the Bone Demon didn't seem as powerful as before, a hand grabbed her nape and pressed her down, wrenching her right arm backward at a painful angle, making her scream. A man in rich fabrics grinned down at her, his cyan eyes glowing with sinister intent. "Shall I get rid of her too, my lady?"

"To the nether with you, slave," she spat through gritted teeth, earning an even tighter squeeze on her neck. How foolish to provoke these unexpected foes at their mercy.

The demoness crouched down, scrutinizing her face, searching for something in her eyes. Lian Xiu couldn't deny her deep terror, defenseless and feeling like prey awaiting its end. One order and she would be beheaded, all because she had followed some little thieves likely controlled by the Lady Bone Demon. If only MK were around, perhaps if she screamed, the kid might come running to save her. The thought froze her when the Bone Demon’s gaze turned disappointed. "She's not worth the energy. Toss her out of here."

"What?" she uttered. Before the henchman could take her away, Lian Xiu fought to get her thoughts out in disdain and wounded pride. "Bone Demon! You know I won't just sit around and do nothing while you're brewing something evil that could endanger humanity again!"

The Bone Demon didn’t even spare her a glance as she replied, "A human merely borrowing an ounce of demonic power is no match for me. Even if you do dare to interfere, I will proceed with the highest chance of success." Lady Bone Demon closed her eyes, feeling a surge of power course through the tunnels like a wafting scent. Turning away from her current intruder, she laid down an immediate order to the person enslaved by her powers, "It's time to end the final piece. I will have to go there myself."

In a cloud of smoke, the demoness vanished, leaving Lian Xiu alone with her captor. Lian Xiu fought hard against the grip of the corrupted man as he dragged her painfully slowly in a leisurely stroll, her shouts and struggles proving futile. Despite all the lessons she had with MK, discussing the importance of handling oneself without a magical weapon, she found herself powerless against even this lower form of demonic entity, and it irritated her to no end.

"Once I get my blades back, you'll be at the very top of my kill list!" she spat as she was shoved into the flowing muck of water, leading to the ocean.

The man laughed devilishly, speaking on behalf of his mistress. "You are all destined to bow down to Lady Bone Demon. Your attempts will be futile, and I will laugh alongside her as she reigns supreme over a cleansed universe." He waved mockingly as she reached the end of the sewers. "I do hope you live long enough to witness your imminent defeat."