30

adversaries

barging loudly into the kitchen did more than just startle the older itoshi brother—who was simply standing in-front of the stove, trying to decipher how to appropriately cook some noodles.

'sae...' rin trailed off, unsure of how to properly ask sae for his assistance without making an utter fool of himself in-front of his dear older brother.

sae didn't dare look at his nervous brother as he was too busy reading instructions from the back of the noodles package which gave very vague instructions on how to prepare them.

'sae, need help,' rin managed to utter—the action costing him most of his strength. it was already embarrassing enough to ask your older brother for advice, it's even worse when sae itoshi is your brother.

'hm? what for? can't you see that i'm very busy right now?' sae spoke, his eyes not leaving the noodle packet.

'you've been staring at that noodle packet for ten minutes noe.'

'so you're saying you'd rather starve to death than patiently wait for me to cook?'

'you don't know how to cook noodles?'

'forgive but being one of the best soccer players is a rather taxing job, something you won't quite understand.'

sae should've been grateful that the only object that was within rin's reach was just a few packets of noodle seasoning--if it had been a sharp object...

nonetheless, the action of throwing noodle spice at his older brother, finally managed to catch his attention. sae, already angered by rin's presence was now enraged.

'alright, what is it?' sae snapped his head sharply in rin's direction, his cold stare caused rin to straighten up.

however, rin's posture immediately curved as he remembered why he was here. his fingers kept pulling and fiddling with each other while his knee was bouncing up and down. his eyes didn't dare meet his older brother's.

'how did you ask out shidou?' rin blurted--this wasn't the question he wanted to ask but he knew, his brother wouldn't advice him properly so he might try to find some in his recount of the experience.

'i didn't ask him out,' sae said flatly.

rin's eyes widened, 'then how did you--'

'he asked me out after a match for my number and then...' sae trailed off thinking about that fond memory of his first few encounters with shidou. rin could only stare in disgust.

'if you want my advice, i'm just telling you to not do anything extravagant--that should be saved up for the date. if you're already friends then do something casual for the date,' sae paused, 'wait why are you asking me for advice again?'

rin rolled his eyes, 'since you're the only person i know who has experience with this stuff!' 

'really?' sae stared in disbelief, 'what about your friend with the green hair strand?'

'he's a dirty cheater.'

'the one who looks like a crow?'

'pathetically in love with his childhood friend.'

'the purple one?'

'he's gay and in love with his best friend.'

'oh...' sae turned his attention back to his uncooked noodles, 'anyways, i gave you advice now it's only fair you help me out here.'

rin perked up at the sound of his brother's wishes, 'you want my help?'

'yes, now tell me, should i add the entire spice packet or will that be too spicy...?' sae inquired, staring at the spice packet in his hand.

rin sighed as he witnessed his brother's stupidity. for one of the most respected and good players of the new gen 11, sae really was terrible at regular day-to-day activities but his advice was adequate... or at least, that's what rin wanted to believe.

[ 581 words ]

sibling banter! i love these two