09

— breaking bad # 1

chemistry was never one of yn's favourite classes due to a multitude of reasons. for one, it was genuinely a strenuous subject for her to understand and comprehend—the complex equations and formulas she had to remember put a stress on her brain.

secondly, nagi seishiro was her partner for this subject. she didn't mind nagi however, due to his lazy and lukewarm behavior, she couldn't understand the lesson as much since most of her time would be used up in assisting him in the subject or in the games that he played.

worst of all, she shared this class with rin itoshi.

the infamous rin itoshi—the best soccer player in her year and the younger brother of saw itoshi, himself. who wouldn't fawn and desire to know such a man?

however, unlike everyone else, yn desired nothing more than to bash the man's skull into the nearest wall.

ever since their fight, two weeks ago on her first day, he'd been avoiding her. not having small talk with her, not greeting her—he didn't even give her something as small as a glance. it was as if she never existed to him.

and it pissed her off. sure, she had her few shares of people ghosting her but to completely disregard her existence? she wasn't having it.

so, instead of longing for his attention and desiring to talk to him, she began to ignore him too.

she didn't look at him during practice, she didn't greet him like she always did. nope, nothing of the sort.

until today.

she didn't know how it happened. one minute, she was bickering with nagi about the latest valorant update and the next? her chemistry teacher, mr miyazawa, was glaring down at the both of them—with such hatred and disappointment in his eyes.

'ms ln, i know you're a good student and i believe you have the potential to become one of the best but sitting next to nagi and talking with him will only hinder your progress in my subject,' he stated, she didn't know if he was complimenting her or not.

'due to this, i believe it would be the best to separate your seats from now onwards. i feel as though you'll do better if you're sitting next to a person that's genuinely serious about my subject so that's why you'll be sitting next to rin itoshi, moving forward.'

yn's breathe was caught in her throat—she was fine with sitting next to anyone in her class but rin? no. not at all. after all, she'd been avoiding him for an entire week while he was doing it for a much longer period of time. how would he of all people help accelerate her grades? if anything, he'd distract her further.

'sir, you have to understand, i don't—can't sit next to him,' she pleaded but all her attempts were futile since no matter how much she pleaded, her teacher was stubborn and so she had to ultimately deal with the consequences of her actions and be forced to sit next to rin.

upon arriving at his desk, he didn't even do as much to even spare her a glance-his eyes remained glued to the board in-front of him. that really annoyed yn, she couldn't believe that he'd be so ignorant.

once mr miyazawa went back towards the board to resume his lesson, yn sharply turned to the man next to her. if he wouldn't talk with her then she'll just make him even if it meant losing her dignity.

'what's the matter with you?' she asked with an eyebrow raised making sure that her tone sounded annoyed and exasperated due to his behaviour.

'actually, yn, i'm made of cells—do you not even know basic chemistry?' he retorted. yn couldn't believe her ears. did rin itoshi just use sarcasm?

she scoffed loudly, 'you're insufferable.' she turned her head back towards the board and didn't bother communicating with rin any further.

however, what she was unaware of was that for a small moment—a mere millisecond, rin itoshi's lips curved at the edges. he smiled. though, it was lost as quick as it came. he didn't know why but he was rather amused by the girl's behaviour.

a sort of amusement which made him feel something foreign.

just what was happening to him?

—

[ 730 words ]

[ 730 words ]