16

— uncertainty principle

the last thing yn expected when arriving at rin's house was this:

her, laying on his bed with rin looming over her and their lips, hands interconnected with each other's.

it wasn't that she had never been kissed, she had just never been kissed like this.

her and rin's relationship was peculiar to say the least; any bystander would look at them and think of them as life-long enemies since for the past two months, they had done nothing but ignore each other or get on each other's nerves.

but now, here she was, kissing him, in his room with barely any clothes covering them--she knew where this was headed and she'd be lying if she didn't say she wanted it. she wanted it terribly but what surprised her the most was that it was rin who made the first move, not her. it was so uncharacteristic of him and it excited her.

however, when the next morning arrived and the small rays of sunlight penetrated through rin's windows, yn woke up with a start.

she stirred in an unfamiliar bed, the events of the past night were a haze but when she noticed the toned back of rin laying next to her, she felt her heart drop.

it was a mistake. she shouldn't have done this.

hurriedly, she made her way out of the bed, careful as to not wake up the dark-haired man. she dressed herself as well as she could and picked up her backpack and tried to quietly leave his house. she also noticed that her neck and the area below it was decorated with purple and pink bruises but there was barely any time for her to fix it so she just hoped her hair would cover them.

as she tip-toed out of his room, she dreaded the idea of someone noticing her but alas, nothing ever worked in yn's favour, now, did it?

as she walked out of the room, she saw the last person she expected to see. the realisation of who the person was made yn's stomach turn.

'yn? what are you doing here?!' the man whisper-shouted. 'what are you doing here?' she shouted back but with the way that man was dressed, yn had a clear idea why: his normal white hair was messier than usual and since he was shirtless with only sweatpants covering him, yn knew exactly what had happened the previous night with him.

'you and rin?!' shidou laughed. yn rolled her eyes, 'well, what about you and sae?'

shidou paused and straightened his back, 'we never saw each other here, deal?'

'deal.'

as yn walked towards her home, she had much more time to dwell on the events of the previous night. she felt nothing but regret.

sure, she always wanted to get closer with rin, she was lured to him, attracted, even but she never thought of it as more than platonic feelings. she thought that maybe she just desired to be his friend, nothing more but yesterday's actions proved otherwise.

if she really just wanted to be his friend, she would've said no, if she really wanted to be "just friends" then she wouldn't have engaged in such intimate actions with him.

maybe she was attracted to him. maybe.

but then again, being in a relationship with the captain of her school's soccer team was bound to make their interactions around her friends weird.  besides, it was rin itoshi that she had done the deed with. rin itoshi--the last man you'd expect to be intimate with. how could a man like him ever be in a relationship with someone like her?

at last, her uncertain, torturous thoughts finally gave her an appropriate answer to her current predicament: she would simply not bring up the event ever again, in order to protect her and rin's friendship. or maybe, she'd not bring it up until her feelings for rin were sorted out--she was still unsure of what she wanted in her relationship with rin and of what rin wanted with her, as well.

soon, she slumped down on her bed, to try and forget her problem. she wouldn't ever talk about it until her feelings were sorted out and maybe until, she got a clear answer from the man, himself.

she didn't realise it then but deep down, she knew it was her fault for allowing herself to feel something for a man like rin itoshi.

[ 724 words ]

a/n: in the process of writing this, i somehow caught feelings for a volleyball player named rin--im dying