18

---- child's play

the mikage mansion looked like everything yn had expected: a lavishly large white 3-story house with all the basic rich people items such as a large pool and garage filled with more than 5 cars. it all lived up to yn's expectations so she wasn't surprised at all.

she came half an hour early--the timings were said to be at 8PM but she ended up arriving at 7:30PM, accompanied with kenyu, of course. luckily, they weren't the first to arrive as nagi and aryu were already present. nagi's presence got her to question whether the white haired man lived with the mikages.

once they were situated in the living room, kenyu began to converse with her of reo's extraversion. 'back when we were in year 11, reo would always through big parties. it got him in trouble so many times,' kenyu chuckled, 'eventually, he had to stop since the parties got so out of hand.'

'did they?' she questioned with an eyebrow raised, totally intrigued in the history teenage reo's actions. 'totally! there was this one time when--' but before yukki could continue, his sentence was abruptly interrupted by aryu, who had been previously just listening in their conversations:

'dear yn, have you heard of the incident?' he questioned, turning to her. 'hmm? what do you mean?' yn asked, obviously, she was now even more interested in reo's past.

'well, you see, reo was 17 back then and kind of an idiot--no, a total idiot,' kenyu started with a grin. aryu nodded in agreement, 'and he had this desire to always to against his parent's wishes which is what lead him to host a party while his parents were away. his bravery was remarkable and stylish however--'

'aryu! kenyu! do we really have to tell yn that?' the familiar voice of reo interrupted their conversation, leaving yn rather confused and annoyed.

nagi trailed behind him, 'why not? it was funny; i had fun.' 

nagi's statement caused reo to blush in a deep shade of red--his eyes also widened in shock as he looked at the nonchalant man next to him, who hadn't even realised the effect he had on reo.

'did he have fun? really now?' kenyu pestered further. nagi and yn exchanged confused glances and he nodded in response, confused as to why his best friend was so flustered while the other two men had grins plastered across their features.

as kenyu and aryu bursted into giggles, reo hurriedly left the room in embarrassment whereas nagi just plopped himself down on the coach in-front of yn and kenyu, opening up his phone to play games as they awaited the arrival of others.

the entire situation left yn perplexed. 'what was that all about?' she questioned. 

'it's something that happened with reo and nagi. i'll tell it to you once reo's asleep. he doesn't allow us to utter a single word of that incident,' kenyu explained.

the night went on as more of their friends arrived at the mikage residence. otoya arrived shortly after the situation and began to annoy everyone else by throwing pillows around and trying to drown himself in sprite.

his arrival was followed by karasu who immediately wrestled otoya into calming down (it didn't work).

 kenyu encouraged reo to put on a movie for them to watch. in a way, that succeeded in trying to prevent otoya and karasu from ripping each other's hair off.

while the three were busy commenting on the movie, yn and aryu were in a completely different room and yn was playing with aryu's hair--she would prefer to use the term 'styling it' even though that was far from the truth. she was obsessed with his hair and was busy adding all sorts of clips and bands to it as if she were a 7 year old child again. aryu, however, was petrified of the outcome.

nagi, on the other hand was laying on reo's bed, playing all sorts of games but not conversing with anyone because why would he if he already met them at school?

lastly, reo was busy babysitting and traversing across the entire house, making sure no one was acting out of line while also anticipating the arrival of shidou.

at last, the door bell finally rung indicating the arrival of shidou. however, what reo didn't expect was for him to not only bring along the elder itoshi sibling but also the younger one.

rin didn't look too pleased about having to be here with both his enemy (sae) and his other enemy (shidou) and knowing that yn would be here as well didn't help uplift his mood.

sae, on the other hand, remained as expressionless as ever; not even caring that he was the reason as to why his brother was so grumpy. shidou, however, was ecstatic but blissfully unaware of all the problems his simple actions would cause.

[ 797 words ]

small chapter for today! lowkey a filler but <//3 i just love yukki & aryu