12

west world # 2

was rin regretful of leaving the bowling alley so abruptly? no. would he want to go back there and bask in their presence a little while longer? also, no. his pride was too high and he would never admit to wanting to spend time with his companions—he had an image to uphold.

it was only when he was standing in front of his full house was when he realised how much he truly cherished his friends but he'd never actually admit to it.

trying to ignore the loud, desperate sounds that were being emitted from behind his brother's door, he went into his room and crash onto his bed—the fatigue finally overloading him.

on his usual days, he'd come back and quickly shower/clean himself up however, today, in particular, he was too exhausted to even do so. worst of all, he didn't even physically exert himself much.

absentmindedly, his hands reached to his left pocket to finally remove his phone from the trapping chambers of his pants. he opened it and the white lights of his wallpaper nearly blinded him. he winced.

he noticed that he had received loads of notifications from his twitter account. his curiosity got the better of him so with a sigh, he opened the app to see what the buzz was about:

—

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

—

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

rin wouldn't ever admit this but after interacting with a few of his teammates, a small smile crept onto his usual stoic features. it felt unusual of him to ever feel anything for his teammates other than annoyance but maybe, just maybe, he enjoyed their presence too.

however, as his notifications blew up, with a ding! after ding! he began to get really annoyed and was desiring to shut his phone off so he could rest but instead, his hands mindlessly traveled to yn's account on twitter.

he didn't even realise he had done so until he was staring at a week old selfie of hers.

how embarrassing, he thought. merely a month ago, he wouldn't even look at a girl twice and now, here he was, scrolling through a girl's twitter account.

it was so peculiar. up until now, he never cared about romantic relationships and was more focused on achieving his goals and demolishing his brother's dream.

yet now, here he was doing the thing his past-self would get livid at him for. so, so embarrassing.

she was just a distraction to him, was she not? she just managed to do the impossible and rile up his teenage-side. he just had to simply get rid of her.

but wow, he'd also do anything to hold her hand, to caress her cheek, to kiss her.

no, no, no. this was so unusual.

she's just a distraction, he thought. she was just a distraction to him and his goals, right?