01

— endings, beginnings

airplanes were terrifying, to say the least. there was something so terrifying of flying in giant metal shaped like a bird—a mere imitation. what's even worse was the horrifying idea of having to start over.

y/n didn't mind change—in fact, she embraced it. she enjoyed the idea of moving to another house and having to decorate; she enjoyed throwing away her old clothes and replacing them with better, newer ones.

what she didn't like, however, was the realisation of having to abandon her friends, the only people she ever confided in. having to find some other people who would replace the void in her heart that the older ones left would be hassle. she was too attached.

she hated it, truly. she wanted to enjoy this and welcome her new life but she couldn't. she knew she could talk to them through her phone but she desired to be physically near them. she wanted their hugs, high-fives and silly small talk. knowing she'd never experience that again made her heart ache.

but what hurt the most was the realisation that soon, they'd all be a memory to her. she'd forget them and they would just be a figment of her past, a mere memory, lost to time. she didn't want to forget them.

the voice of the airplane intercom snapped her out of her depressing thoughts. the voice informed everyone that the plane had landed and they could start to leave. she sighed, turning to look at the apocalypse of people that had begun to remove their baggages from the compartment up above while others rushed past eachother, hurrying to leave.

she picked up her backpacks after a short while and left the airplane, hoping to leave her thoughts in her hometown so she could look forward to her new life.

— time skip —

the ride to her home allowed her some time to relax and ponder over her new life. she couldn't believe that just two days ago, she was having a match of friendly soccer with two of her closest friends and now, she was kilometers away from them—in a new, unknown city.

upon arriving, she noticed her new house was mediocre, at best. a bunch of boxes were sprawled all over the front lawn and a few delivery men were moving stuff into the house.
she dragged her luggage in, she didn't bother to check up on her parent and proceeded to make her way into her new room:
the walls were beige in colour, unwelcoming. there was barely any furniture, the only thing that could confirm that the room belonged to her was due to the stacks of boxes labeled with her belongings.

she didn't unpack right away, she didn't waste her time on her phone either; she just sat down on the cold, wood floor and reflected on her current predicament.

she was far too filled with fatigue to unpack or even remove some of her belongings from the cardboard boxes while she wasn't in the right headspace to check her phone and text her friends, also.

she was just exhausted.

and she knew tomorrow would be even worse since she had to start attending her new school. she didn't want to think about what tomorrow would bring. all she really needed was a comfortable slumber yet even sleep didn't show her it's mercy.

[ 567 words ]