"The rain in Afganistan is not made of water, Ms. Aragon. I survived bullets, I will survive a flu."

Well, he's got a point.

I felt like kicking myself again.

I was supposed to be angry but here I am worrying about this guy because of my conscience.

Basa at nilalamig akong sumunod sa kanya sa parking. Mahigit sampung minuto lang ang layo kung saan niya ako nakita kanina. If I continued running, makaabot ako rito but I stupidly stopped and cried like a child accepting my fate — and it turns out, the people I was running away from were looking for me to take me back to my hotel.

What a twist.

Primo was sturdily walking almighty na animo'y balewala ang malamig na ihip ng hangin at ang ambon para rito. He was now carrying my backpack which I have brought with me earlier. It was in too girly and yet it didn't mar this guy's authoritative aura.

"Why are we here anyway? Bakit hindi nalang tayo sumabay sa mga taga hotel kanina?" I asked, I couldn't stop myself from getting curious.

"Dahil may mga bahay din na inuuwian ang mga 'yon. They were all working past their duty dahil lang hindi ka nakauwi sa hotel," he explained and continued looking around. "I didn't even know if they brought any vehicle, nang tinanong ko kanina ay nagmotor lang daw sila papunta rito nang tumawag ako para hanapin ka."

I really owe them an apology when I get back to the hotel. I wish I could have my wallet back dahil gusto ko rin bayaran ang oras na inovertime nila dahil sa akin. An apology is not enough for the hassle that I caused them.

"You didn't answer why we're here," I said.

"How else would we go back to the hotel? We need a car," he said.

"Just admit na hindi ka marunong mag commute," I accused him then I got confused. "Paano ka nakapunta rito kung hindi kayo magkasabay ng mga staff?"

"You don't need to know," he said dismissively.

I raised my brows and eyed him meticulously, a small suspicion was raising in my head.

I just noticed because it was dark where I saw hum earlier but here in the parking, the lights were lit very brightly.

He looked burnt and darker one shade than his usual.

Namilog ang mata ko. "You went to the tour! You knew I was sneaking out! May hidden camera ka ba sa kwarto ko? That's breach of privacy!"

"I don't need a camera to know," he said, not even denying my accusations. "All the charge in my account, I get informed. All the plans you have, I already know even before you try to think about it. I'm the best among my team. I knew the second you peaked in that hallway you were planning a headache waiting to happen," he said haughtily and reprimanding.

I raised my brows. "Explain why I got into the wrong van then? Why did it took you so long to find me?"

He shrugged. "I couldn't possibly follow you inside the bathroom. When you rode the wrong van I thought you had money with you kaya naisip ko na makakauwi ka naman ng matiwasay. I stayed here and tried to look for the car to convoy yours. Rogue called to inform me you were kicked out from your van per his tracker... it was already getting dark and it's raining so I had to come to get you first."

"What the hell, I could've saved all the hassle kung nilapitan mo nalang ako bago pa ako sumakay sa maling van," reklamo ko.

"You said I should remain hidden," he shot back.

Aba.

"Not when I'm in danger and with no money!" balik na sagot ko.

"I followed and watched you closely for the whole day. That was me doing my job. I even called Rogue to track your car for a few minutes dahil lang naghahanap ako ng masasakyan because I can't possibly ride the van I originally rode because they also left. Ang nasa isip ko, makakauwi ka sa hotel dahil may isang libo ka 'di ba? I saw you put it in your tissue while you were fixing your bag. I only needed a few minutes to find the car to convoy you and in that few minutes, you still surprise me by getting into the most impossible situations, Ms. Aragon. Hindi ka lapitin ng panganib, ikaw ang naglalagay sa sarili mo sa panganib."