001

The crowd roared with cheering and shouts as Jennifer smiled and bowed before leaving the stage. She disappeared behind her door into her room, she sighed as she sat down on her small orange spinning chair. She wrapped her hands around her half empty bottle she drank before her performance started. She downed the rest, taking in a deep breath after.

She was interrupted by a hard knock at her door, she quickly hid all the boxes of cigars and drugs and bottle tops into her bag and replied "Come in!"

"Hey Jennifer?" Her manager pushed the door open.

"Yeah?" She answered dryly her Brooklyn accent heavy with her words.

"Got, autographs," He held up a few posters of her in his hand.

"Send 'em," He nodded and chucked them to her, she caught they swiftly and pulled her black sharpie out and signed them quickly not even looking where she was signing anymore. "Here," She chucked him the posters and leant back onto her chair.

"Here's the diet your on for the next few weeks," He handed her a piece of paper in return.

"You can go now," She spoke harshly, he shut the door leaving her to read the note. Two or more servings of milk per day were suggested, as well as two servings each of fruits and vegetables. At least one serving of meat or cheese was required per day, as well as a minimum of three to five eggs per week. She's learnt the minimum really meant max and eating more could ruin your whole reputation.

It sucked being who she was. Being a woman who gets told, what to wear, what to eat, when to sing, when to dance, when to talk. She hated it, but at the end of the day it kept a roof over her head. Another show in 10 minutes, if it wasn't going to be bearable she was to drink and drug the pain away.

Benny Watts, US chess champion found himself with a beer at a bar listening to live music. He drank the last drops of his beer. He was back in New York after drawing to Beth Harmon at a match in Kentucky, he was rethinking the match re-playing it in his head. Trying to find any way he could've beaten her. It seamed impossible.

"Another beer sir?" a woman asked from across the bar

"Uh- yeah, thanks," He nodded as he pulled out a five dollar bill. The woman took the money and slid the beer to counter towards him, he drank a bit before turning his body on the chair to see the live act. It was a woman, she had brown hair, blonde highlights that twisted in her curls. Her long red dress with a high slit. Her waist accentuated with a black belt with Channel detailing, with a matching bow around her neck and in her hair.

She had long velvet glovers on her arms. She was singing, moving her hips side to side, her head slightly bent down looking through her eyebrows. She had every man in the whole of the bar at her fingertips as she looked at each one individually for enough seconds for them to convince themselves they have a chance. She was Jennifer Martinez.

Every single teenage boy for the past 10 years has had a poster of her above their bed. Probably one with her chest showing or short skirt. Benny knew she was Jennifer Martinez. He also knew not to let himself look at her for too long so he turned his gaze away. He could still hear her on the speakers, her voice enchanting the audience.

Jennifer moved with such rhythm, such elegance and beauty. She finished of her 2nd to last song with her arms down by her side, turning her hands up forming a right angle. She raised her shoulder and did the timid itsy-bitsy laugh for the men watching her. She looked through them all as she began to sing.

Her blue eyes set on a man at the bar, his hair was messy and blonde yet the top was covered by a cow boy hat. He wore all black, she couldnt see his face but she was concerned really. He was the only man in the bar not looking at her. She was surprised at first but she liked it. She liked not being noticed or bothered about. She kept watching the man in awe, loving the way the back of his head felt.