'We'll Get Through This, You and I'

A/n: Theres some trigger warnings here... If you are sensitive to blood and kind of graphic death, I recommend skipping this chapter. 

The blonde's thoughts raced, as he made small noises in his sleep. His already tight hold on you, tightened as he tried to bring you closer to him unconsciously. His brows furrowed and sweat ran down his beautiful face. The dream he was having was one he has constantly, and yet it still haunts him to this day..

"Rem!" Vash's small voice screamed as their pod shot off toward the planet called Gunsmoke.

Tears ran down his already tear-stained face as he watched the SEED ship and his pod sped down to the planet's surface. His brother tried talking to him but it all came back in incoherent words. Everything went white as the impact sent him flying he hit his back on the walls being knocked unconscious. As soon as it happened, he opened his tired and heavy eyes, only to see the wreckage of other SEED ships spread around him. His eyes widened in shock. He soon stood up and walked up a large sand dune following the footsteps of his twin. 

"Kni.. where did you go?" He said in a small voice.

No response came. He continued to walk through the ruins searching for his brother as he followed his twins footsteps. His mind raced, as he continued to the large SEED ship that had recently crashed. He hoped to find Rem there, he was still holding onto hope even if the chances were slim. As he walked closer and closer, he caught a glance at the small figure that looked to be his brother laughing maniacally. 

"Kni!" Vash yelled. 

His brother turned to him upon hearing his name be called. "You killed Rem!" Vash's small figure yelled.

"Don't scold me, you're the one that gave me the program access code," Kni said still laughing between sentences. 

"Your my accomplice.. Vash.." Hi said prolonging his name. 

Vash's eyes watered as he looked up at his brother in shock, crashes could be heard all around. He felt his legs go weak and his mind raced. 'I.. helped kill.. all these people..' 'It's all my fault...' His mind repeated over and over again. A tear fell into the sand and the sand beneath him began to run red until he was in a completely different area. He soon found himself as an adult, standing in a pool of blood while he watched his brother slaughter humans.

"Kni! STOP IT!" Vash screamed.

Tears ran down his face as the dream continued, all he could hear was the screams of the dying people, and his brother's laugh. He soon saw your small figure appear as Knives held you by the throat. You struggled against his grasp as he brought the blade closer to your neck. 

"I'm doing this for you Vash, then we can both live in a paradise for just plants.." Knives said looking towards Vash with a vile smile. 

Vash tried to move but he was stuck in his crimson-stained clothes. 

You soon opened your mouth to utter his name weakly, "Vash.. I-" Your sentence was cut off by Knives slitting your throat and your body fell limp onto the ground. 

To Vash, this all happened in slow motion. Your limp body fell to the ground and sank into the pool of blood he was stuck in. He screamed your name desperately as he cried. He fell to his knees, as he held himself for some sort of comfort. Knives laughed psychotically as he watched his brother suffer. 

"Vash..." Your voice called.

"Baby.." Your voice called again.

"Vash wake up!" Your voice called louder this time and his eyes shot open.

He sat up as tears ran down his face while you moved out of the way since he shot up so fast. His breathing was jagged as he looked at his surroundings before turning to you and hugging you tight. Your breath hitched at the impact of his hug, but you hugged him back gently as you rubbed his back. Pulling him into your lap, he sat partially on top of you, and on the bed while you rocked him back and forth. 

"It's okay... I'm here.." You said quietly. 

He continued to sob, and somehow pulled you closer to him. Running your fingers through his blonde locks, you cooed at him and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. 

"It's alright Vash.. I'm here.." You cooed to him softly. 

You could feel him shake in your grasp as he continued to cry in your arms. This was the 3rd time this week.. Him having bad dreams almost became a weekly ritual for you both. Each time he had a nightmare, you would (try to) pull him into your lap and held him close to you. His sobs began to calm down after about 5 ish minutes and you took this as an opportunity to gently grab his face that was buried in the crook of your neck. You cupped his face gently as tears still ran down his face and he nuzzled into your touch. 

Gazing at his tired, and bloodshot, cyan eyes you felt a piece of your heartbreak. You gently kissed his tears away making sure to kiss his beauty mark in the process. He looked at you as more tears began to flow while remembering the tortuous dream, and hugged you again burying his head in the crook of your neck. You felt the hot, salty, liquid run down your face seeing him like this broke you. Hugging him tightly, you rested your head gently on his. 

"I love you, baby.." You said as your voice broke.

He let out another sob before, hugging you tighter and whispering a quiet, "I love you too, mayfly.." 

You both sat there for a while as he calmed down and held your figure tightly as you rocked him gently. Eventually, you found him pulling away from you, and gently cupping your face. His face contorted into a frown upon seeing your tear-stained face. He gently pressed his lips to yours, giving you a loving and passionate kiss. He wanted to show you all the adoration and love that he had for you. He soon pulled back catching his breath and you, yours. He looked into your eyes before pressing his forehead closer to yours. 

"I'm sorry.." He began. 

Cutting him off so he couldn't continue, you quickly said, "It's not your fault Vash, don't apologize.." You said looking into his gentle cyan eyes. 

You could feel his breath hitch slightly at your words as he pulled you closer to him gently. 

"I don't know what I would do without you, sunshine.." He uttered into your lips as he kissed you again. 

You smiled into the kiss as you kissed him back, before pulling away and kissing his forehead gently. "We'll get through this.. you and I, okay?" You said pressing your foreheads together again. 

He made a small hum at your words, before letting a weak smile appear on his face. You grinned back at him before pulling him down onto the bed with you. He let out a small yelp at the impact before nuzzling into you. 

"Try and get some sleep, Vash.. we'll talk in the morning, my prince." You whispered softly. 

You could feel him smile into your neck before he replied with a shakey, "Okay.." 

Pressing a kiss to the side of his head and pulling him closer, you mumbled a quiet, "I love you, Vash, it will be okay.. I promise." 

"I love you too, sunshine.. thank you again.." He mumbled in response before drifting off to sleep peacefully. 

The End

That was surprisingly fun to write. And also @Stinkylmao (Its still not working Imma have to see if I can fix it) helped me come up with this idea. So yea! Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

Word Count: 1320

DR4KEN