'The Beginning of Something New'

A/N: I suck at coming up with titles- so ye. Here's a Wolfwood oneshot. (Titles so original am I right?)

Meeting your 4 new travel companions, you were concerned for their sanity but also comforted knowing you're not alone anymore. Your travel companions consisted of the infamous Vash the Stampede (aka the Humanoid Typhoon), Meryl, Roberto, and the "Punisher"/"Preacher" Nickolas D. Wolfwood. The 5 of you got along well, fighting to stay alive every day, dying in the heat, and dealing with the others was a handful. Although, you personally found Nick to be less insane than the others. 

One night after an exhausting day of trying to keep Vash safe from hunters, you all found a small hotel that happened to have a tavern. You all were able to get a room and you all were hanging out down in the tavern for right now. The residents of the town were there and the whole place smelt of alcohol and smoke. It wasn't the type of environment you liked to be in, reluctantly though, you stayed to make sure the others didn't act up. 

Turning in the spinning stool you were sitting on, you turned to the person behind the counter and got their attention. 

"Miss? Can I get some water..?" You said awkwardly. 

She looked at you and quickly filled up a glass for you. 

"Here," she said shoving the drink in your direction as she tends to another person.

  Heh, this sucks you thought. 

You sipped on the water and watched as the others were laughing happily. 

Putting your drink on the counter you sat bored hoping the others would finish up so you could get some much-needed shut-eye. You looked around the room when your eyes happened to land on Nickolas specifically. Focusing on the way he lit another cigarette and put it to his lips and puffed on the air. He began looking around the room watching the chaos rage on into the night when suddenly, his dark tired eyes landed on you. Watching as you slightly smiled at him and then turned back around on the stool, he found himself standing up and heading your way. 

Taking long strides to your seat he sat beside you. 

"Whatcha up to?" He asks while getting situated in the seat beside you. 

"Watching the chaos, you?" You reply turning to him. 

He hums in response and you both sit in silence listening to other's conversations and the yelling in the background. 

Letting out a sigh, you stand up and say, "I think I'm going to go to sleep. You guys are big kids, please don't get into much trouble though." 

He turns to you and nods. Beginning to walk off to your room, you soon find someone grabbing your hand. 

"Wait-!" Nickolas says as he lets go of your hand and composes himself again. 

"I'll walk you to your room," he says quickly. 

You smile and begin walking again with him in suit. 

Walking up the creaky wooden stairs, you make it to your room and begin to bid Nickolas goodnight. 

"Welp- this is my stop, I'll see you in the morning, Mr. Preacher," you say opening the door to your room. 

Scowling at your name for him, you walk into the room and begin to shut the door. When the door was almost shut, you find his foot in the doorway keeping the door from shutting. 

"Nickolas?" you say confused. 

"Can I camp out in your room? I gave my room to some old lady since the hotel rooms were all taken..." He lied. 

"Mm.. Sure I guess- can you wait out here while I change though?" You ask. 

He nods and moves his foot as you smile and shut the door. After closing the door, you turn around and your face burns up at the thought of him sharing a room with you. 

Oh god.. what did I just accept...? 

Screaming internally as you change you open the door to find him waiting in the hallway. 

"Heh, sorry for the wait.." You say quietly. 

"It's all good," He says walking into the small room. 

He looks around the room and sits in one of the small chairs. 

"This should be good, thanks for letting me stay in here." He says smiling at you. 

"Of course.." You say smiling back at him. 

"Are you going to sleep in those clothes?" you questioned. 

He looks down at his attire and replies "Yeah? I don't assume you have any clothes that I would be able to wear. I don't have any so I was going to sleep in these." 

Nodding at his reply, you look around in your bag and find an oversized tank top you had and some shorts. 

"Will these work? It could maybe fit you?" You say. 

He looks at you and blushes but quickly composes himself. 

"I'll give it a try," he says snatching the clothing. 

Walking into the hallway waiting for him to change you began thinking to yourself about random things and potentially your future with Nickolas. Suddenly the door opens and you see Nickolas peek his head out into the hallway. You walk back into the room and see him in the tank top and shorts. You have to admit he looked pretty good. He sat down in his makeshift bed and you turned the light off and walk to the bed. Silence engulfed the room. The room was dimly lit by the moonlight from the window. After thinking a while, you sit up in bed and look towards Wolfwood. 

"Wolfwood?" you say almost in a whisper. 

"What," He says gruffly. 

"Are you comfortable?" You ask quietly. 

"Not really," He sighs sitting up straight. 

Hesitating a moment, you begin "You can sleep up here with me- I really don't mind- only if you're comfortable with it that is." You say quickly. 

Thinking for a moment, he replies "Are you sure?" 

"Positive," You say smiling. 

He soon stands up and walks over to the bed. On the other side of the bed, he slowly lifts the blankets and lays down. At first, you both were facing opposite directions from each other and the silence engulfs you both again. After what seems like hours you finally fall asleep. After one of the best sleep of your life, you wake up to the sound of cooing and laughing. Trying to sit up, you feel a weight on your body soo realizing that Wolfwood was holding onto you. You blush and wiggle out of his arms and see Meryl, Vash, and Roberto in the doorway. You were never going to hear the end of this..

The End!

Word Count: 1111

DR4KEN