Special

Walking through the large, bustling, city, was chaotic. People yelled over others to sell goods and food, while people walked through the bustling city trying to get to work or wherever they were going. Crowds had always made you uncomfortable and anxious because you were scared you would get lost. You sighed as you grabbed onto your boyfriend Vash's coat gently to make sure you didn't lose him, and the group. He quickly turned his head to see who happened to grab his coat but relaxed seeing it was you. 

"You doing alright?" He asked raising a brow and smiling. 

You looked back up at him and smiled, "Yea I'm fine, sorry!" you said as you let go of his coat and put your hands in your pockets. 

Looking at you confused for a moment, he realized what was happening to you and quickly grabbed your hand. 

"Vash? What are you doing blondie?" You said as you were now walking beside him. 

"I'm helping you!" He said as he flashed his familiar grin. 

He squeezed your hand in a comforting way before saying, "You could have told me you know, I don't want you to be anxious," He said quickly before letting go of your hand and wrapping an arm around your waist.

 You looked at him quizically, "How did you know I was anxious?" He chuckled a bit and held you tighter. 

"I know your habits for when you get anxious," He beamed at you. 

"What? How?" You said confused. 

"It's called magic," He replied. 

You looked at him confused still but decided to let it go. As you both walked more, your anxiousness faded away and you felt safe and protected. It was almost like magic this had never happened to you before. You looked up at him as he looked ahead as you both walked. 

"Vash?" You said softly. He made a small hum as he focused on you for a moment. 

"Thank you.." You said smiling at him. 

He smiled back and replied, "Sure, it's the least I could do," He replied. 

Eventually, you all made it to a restaurant and a hotel to stay the night. Meryl was very happy to have a semi-normal meal. You all sat down at a table with you beside Meryl and Vash with Wolfwood and Roberto across from you. Everyone began a conversation with you, resting your head on your arms, and Roberto slouching on the table listening to the chaos. 

"I'm telling you, your "suckers" arent the name for them, they're called lollipops,"  Meryl said annoyed at Nickolas. 

"And I'm telling you, they're called suckers, "lollipops" sounds simply too fancy and dumb," Nickolas replied back as an erk mark formed on his face. 

"Your both wrong their called sticky-pops" Vash intervened. 

The table went silent and all eyes there were set on Vash. 

"Blondie- are you serious right now-?" You said sitting up and grabbing his shoulder. 

He nodded and began again, "Do you all not call them sticky pops?" Vash said as a bead of sweat ran down his face. 

You pat his shoulder and said, "You're a little special Vash.." You said smiling at him concerned. 

The table went silent again as you grabbed Vash's hand under the table and rested your head on his shoulder. Soon before things could get any more awkward, a waiter came to the table. 

"Hi, there! What can I get for you all?" She said smiling as she took out her notepad. 

You all quickly ordered food and waited for the food to come. Nickolas and Roberto had gotten some alcoholic drinks while, you, Meryl, and Vash had gotten an ice cream Sunday. Talking amongst each other, Vash was enjoying every bite of his Sunday not leaving a single drop left. 

You watched as he enjoyed each bite and seemed very disappointed it was gone. Chuckling, you gently elbowed his side to get his attention. 

"You want the rest of mine? It's getting too sweet for me, I don't think I can finish it," you said holding out the container to him. 

His eyes shone so bright as he quickly pecked your lips before taking the Sunday and saying, "You're too good for me, angel!" 

You blushed as he chowed down the little bit of Sunday left. 

Nickolas laughed, "Is that seriously what you call her?" His laughter roared throughout the restaurant. 

You hid your face in your arms in embarrassment. 

Vash stopped eating the Sunday and looked at Wolfwood. "Yeah, I call her Angle. If you got a problem with it, then go cry to your cross about it," He said a little annoyed. 

You looked up at Vash in disbelief. "What was that-" You thought. 

Vash has never done anything like that before. Grabbing his hand, you squeezed it slightly so that he knew it was alright. He smiled a bit at you and squeezed your hand back. The table was quiet again as you all waited for your food. You rested your head in your arms as Vash soon imitated your actions. He looked at you as you looked straight ahead zoning out and listening to the surrounding conversations. 

Not soon enough, the food finally came and you all dug into it happily. The food was one of the best things you've eaten in weeks. You all happily ate and the conversations began again while you and Vash stayed quiet this time. 

After you both finished eating you decided to go pay and then head to your hotel room. Both pitching in to pay, you got the key to your room and went up the stairs. 

"Room 12.. ah, there it is!" You said as you both made it to your room. 

Unlocking the door, you both entered and looked around the small room. You jumped onto the bed and made yourself comfy. 

"This should be good for the night," You said closing your eyes. 

Not, hearing a reply from Vash, you opened your eyes and sat up. 

"Vash are you okay?" You said with worry laced in your voice. 

He stood by the door silently. Getting up you walk over to him and hug him. "Blondie? Are you okay? What's up?" You ask him. 

He stays silent and hugs you tightly as he buries his face in your shoulder. Taking off his glasses, you grab his face and kiss his forehead. 

"What's up bubs?" You ask gently. 

Vash nuzzles into your hand and quickly picks you up walking towards the bed. 

"Vash!? What are you doing?!" You say surprised. 

Setting, you down gently on the bed, he lays on top of you returning to the position of burring his face into your neck and holding you tightly. You run your hand through his soft yellow hair, and try to help him with his odd behavior. 

"Was I too harsh with Wolfwood back there?" He finally mumbles out. 

You stop running your hands through his hair and grab his face to where he was facing you. 

"I don't think you were too harsh Vash, I think you just surprised everyone, including me," You say smiling. 

"I thought that was really cool of you to do blondie," You add as you kiss his forehead quickly. 

He smiles at you and then goes back to laying on you. 

"You thought I was cool, eh?" He asks smiling into your skin. 

Letting out a laugh, you squeeze him and mumbled, "Your special blondie."

The End

Idk why but I love the nickname of "blondie" for him. Anyway, hope you all enjoyed!!

Word count: 1257

DR4KEN