Sick Day

The sun began to rise one fateful morning. The pair in the room pressed tightly against each other lovingly as they slept. Light shone through the thin white curtain and gradually lit up the small room. The male's red coat and top shirt sat draped on a chair while the shoes were thrown about messily by the door. His handgun sat close to his bedside table just close enough to reach for if someone decided to attack. Stiring a bit in bed the male began to wake up as he felt his hoarse throat become sore and his nose stuffy. 

"Ah, man.." The blonde male said quietly as he rested his head in the crook of the woman's neck. 

He sighed into her skin softly before hugging her close. Stiring, and smiling the woman let out a small laugh as his hot breath hit her skin. 

"Mm.. Vash..?" You said tiredly. 

Hugging his figure tightly, Vash savored the warmth and affection he was getting. Feeling his throat begin to get itchy, the man turned away from you quickly and coughed a bit. Sitting up, you look at him concerned as he coughed harshly. 

"Blonde, are you feeling alright?" You asked placing your palm on his forehead. 

Looking at him, his face was extremely red and paler than normal. 

"Vash.. I think you're getting sick honey.." You said hugging his figure. 

Snuggling into you, he nodded as he wiped his nose a bit. You got up as Vash watched your figure grab your things and slip on his jacket. 

"Where are you going?" Vash said sniffling. 

Turning to him you smiled at him before explaining. 

"I'm going to go out and get some supplies to help you. I'll be back, you try to get some rest okay?" You said as you walked to him before pressing a feathery kiss to his temple. 

He smiled and wrapped himself in the blanket and then flopped on the bed as he watched you leave the room with a wave. He snuggled into the blanket and already began missing you. 

Walking into the bright town, things were just beginning to open. Going through the crowded town, you looked for some sort of drugstore. Vendors who were setting up watched you walk through the road. Snuggling into his jacket, you eventually found a drug store. It was small but had the things you needed. You went and grabbed some cough syrup and some tea. 

After you found everything, you walked over to the register to check out. While the cashier entered your total, you saw a small box of donuts and quickly threw that in with the other things. Opening the heavy door, you moved out of the way as people entered and quickly apologized. You then began your trek back to the room with your items.

Vash hadn't been able to fall back asleep, he was coughing every minute and eventually gave up and sat on the bed wrapped in a blanket. He felt utterly exhausted and sick. He snuggled into the blanket along with a small stuffed animal you had gotten him a while ago. You thought he had gotten rid of it but he secretly kept it and used it when you were away. He sighed before starting another coughing fit and he pouted after it finally stopped. 

"Y/n.." He said in a hoarse voice pouting. 

He lay impatiently in bed bored as he waited for you to return. In all honesty, he didn't want the medicine you went out to get him. He just wanted to sleep and be held in your arms. He sighed again before another coughing fit began. 

When you entered the hotel, you saw Meryl and Nickolas down in the bar area eating a small pastry. You waved at them before proceeding back to your room where Vash's coughing could be heard through the walls. 

"Oh boy.." You said quietly as you slowly opened the door. 

Walking in, it revealed a pouting Vash on the bed that seemed to be pondering life. He propped himself up with an elbow before sitting up fully, as soon as he heard the door open. 

"Y/n! I thought you left me to suffer all by myself!" He exclaimed dramatically.   

You chuckled a bit before walking to the bed and placing the bag down on the bed as you sat next to him. 

"I didn't mean to be that long.." You smiled at him. 

Looking through the bag he made faces at the medicine before his eyes lit up. 

"You got donuts?!" He said as his voice cracked. 

You chuckled before nodding. He opened the box quickly before taking on out and munching on it happily. 

"Donuts make everything better," He said with a stuffed mouth. 

You pat his back before standing up and taking off his jacket. 

"Angle do you want one too?" He said looking at you curiously. 

Chuckling a bit, you walked back to him and grabbed a donut, and munched on it. 

"I'm going to definitely get sick next," You said aloud. 

He looked at you before smiling, "Well if you do, I'll just have to take care of you like you're taking care of me," He said grabbing the last donut.

Eventually, you warmed up some tea and forced Vash to take the cough medicine. Even though he acted like a child and fought you the whole way, he eventually gave in and took it. You may or may not have had to threaten his donut privileges. He sat pouting on the bed as you brought him the cup of tea. 

"It wasn't that bad, you're just being dramatic," You said elbowing his side playfully. 

He crossed his arms before sticking his tongue out at you. Sighing, place the cup of tea on the table beside him. He still sat with his back turned to you while you made yourself comfortable on the bed. Eventually, he turned to you and pounced on you, and made himself comfortable. 

"Vash!" You said surprised. 

He snuggled into you before making sure you were covered with some of the blanket draped around him before placing his head in the crook of your neck. 

"You don't seem very sick with the way you are acting," You said not hugging him back. 

He looked up at you annoyed before laying back down and hugging you tighter. 

"Vash, I don't want to get sick," You said annoyed. 

"You'll be fine it's not like I'm forcing you to kiss me or something it's just simple cuddling," He explained. 

You sighed and slowly wrapped your arms around him. 

"If I get sick, you will regret it," You said smiling evilly down at him. 

"Yes ma'am," He mumbled into your skin. 

The End

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! 

Word Count: 1131

DR4KEN