Chaos

A/n: In the original Trigun Vash had earbuds to listen to music with- so I'm just going to go with it for this one. Ignore the song choice, it's my personal preference in music so I apologize if you don't like it.  Also, since Wolfwood's personality hasn't really been revealed in Trigun stampede, I'm going to go a little bit off of the original Wolfwood personality.

Music had always been your go-to thing, it helped you focus, sleep, get through things that make you anxious, and even drown out others. Every day as you traveled in the hot desert of the planet gunsmoke, you had music the whole way through, and your boyfriend Nickolas D. Wolfwood of course. He helped make the day a little more bearable with his wittiness but also how serious he can be. 

The day started out normally with all 5 of you piled into Meryl and Roberto's car, driving through the desert. You currently were looking out the window with an earbud in with your music playing on low in the background. Meryl and Roberto had been chatting a bit in the front while you, Vash, and Nickolas sat quietly in the back. 

Breaking the silence, Nickolas began, "What are you listening to?" He says quietly. 

You turn from the window to look at him and grin. 

"Just listening to music, you want to listen too?" You asked him. 

He smiled at you and then nodded. Taking the other side of the earbuds, you hand it to him and watch as he puts it in his ear. Putting it in his ear he can hear the music you have playing, it happened to be the song "505" by arctic monkeys. The car became silent again with only the staticky radio playing in the background, which was soon turned off by Meryl.

You continued to look out the window as the dunes blow harshly from the wind and sand spewed around the car. Wolfwood began to lean on your shoulder as he looked out your window as well. You ran your hand through his hair as he snuggled into your touch. Eventually, you both fell asleep, both leaning into each other for support. You both slept peacefully in the back feeling comforted in each other's presence. Soon the car came to a stop and you slowly blinked your eyes as they adjusted to the brightness. You looked around and noticed they stopped at a city.

Vash and the others began to get out of the car leaving you two there. After fully waking up and registering where you were, you looked over at the man sleeping beside you. 

"Nico.. wake up," You said gently as you ran your hands through his hair. 

He made a small noise and nuzzled into your hand. 

"Come on time to get up," You urged on. 

He groaned and slowly opened his eyes and hugged you tighter. 

"Can't we just stay in here and sleep more?" He says annoyed to have to wake up. 

"Nico, you know we need to catch up with the others," You said as you began to unbuckle and open the door. 

Soon you were both out of the car and trying to catch up with the others. Nickolas was currently pouting about having to wake up while you both walked to find the others. 

"Hey, can I have one of your earbuds again?" He asks after a bit. 

"Sure!" You say handing him the other one. 

Eventually, you both find Meryl and the others after not having to walk too much until there was some sort of commotion about Vash the Stampede. The both of you walked to the others but soon regretted it after the citizens started raining gunfire on him. 

Nickolas got in front of you and used his cross as a shield as you brought out your gun to shoot the guns out of the citizen's hands. You were a decent shot in your opinion. Hitting everything you aimed at worked well for you, but you preferred to be a sniper than being this close to combat. You all helped Vash get away from the gunfire and piled back into Meryl's car and drove again. 

"Ah man, I was hungry," Meryl said pouting. 

"Heh, sorry about that.." Vash said as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"We'll find another place to get some food rookie," Roberto said. 

"You wouldn't be hungry if you ate the worm I gave you," Nickolas remarked. 

"There was no way I was going to eat that!" Meryl yelled as she stuck out her tongue in disgust. 

You laughed at their little argument and switched your sitting position to a more comfortable one. 

Soon you felt a gentle elbow from Nickolas as he offered you a sucker. 

"Here," He said holding out the sucker to you. 

"Ah, Thankyou!" You said happily as you took the sucker from him. 

As you opened the sucked and popped it into your mouth, Meryl happened to look back at you both. 

"You have suckers?! Give me one!" She said as she tried to grab one from Nickolas. 

"Hey- Wait- Stop!" Nickolas struggled as he dodged Meryl while she tried to grab one. 

The car stopped and Nickolas took this as a chance to get out of the car dragging you out with him. 

"Hey- What?" You said as Nickolas dragged you out of the car. 

Meryl got out of the car after him. 

"The power of Christ compels you! Get back you demon" Nickolas yelled as he put his cross out in front of him.

Meanwhile, Vash and Roberto watched the chaos from the car pondering if they should get out and stop them. 

You began to walk back to the car while Nickolas yelled from a distance, "Wait! Don't leave me with this demon!" 

You waved at him and blew him a kiss as you got in the car and shut the door. I guess you were all camping out there. 

The End

Heh, I swear I can be serious I just like to add humor to my one-shots..  Anyway hope you enjoyed this one! And thank you for reading!

Word Count: 1026

DR4KEN