Chapter Forty-Four

Isabella forgot how hard schoolwork was

Isabella forgot how hard schoolwork was. She had gone back to school for her second semester a month ago, and she was already tired. The second semester was going to be more challenging than the first one because this was the final stage. This was her last semester of high school, and it was going to be a stressful ride for her. She would see if she would be able to graduate or not based on the effort she put into her classes. Considering what happened with Matthew and then Aiden getting sick, she could not focus on her classes.

Because of school, she hadn't gotten a chance to visit Aiden at the hospital. Nicole told her that Aiden was getting weaker, feeling drained, and was losing mobility.

Thinking about how vulnerable he was getting scared her.

But she still had to work on his list. She'd been slacking off because of school, so she needed to get back on track. If Aiden hadn't forced her to focus on school, she would've been there for him all the time, but she couldn't be mad at him since he only cared about her well-being.

She was not going to do any more schoolwork until she got this task done and got it done right. She was eager about what she planned on doing next on the list: Prom.

Prom at her school was a couple of months away, but she had an idea of what it would look like.

Nicole and Isabella had a plan for decorating his hospital room into a magical scene for prom. Nicole called the hospital and contacted Doctor Anderson to explain what they were doing as they didn't want Aiden to be in the room while it was happening, and the doctor agreed to the idea. Nicole left the house early to set up the decorations and deliver Aiden's suit, excited to make Aiden's second wish come true.

Meanwhile, Isabella was getting herself ready by doing her makeup and hair. She put on eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. Afterward, she curled her hair with her curling iron for a few minutes and did last minute touches, fluffing her tight curls.

She walked to the bedroom and went to Aiden's closet, taking out the dress that was in the back. She put on the dress and slipped on her black ankle strap heels to complete the outfit; the heels were three inches tall, so she would be almost as tall as Aiden.

She checked herself out and was impressed by the finished look. Her dress was burgundy and the skirt pooled to the ground.

She walked out of the bedroom with her jacket, purse, and a corsage. She left the house and went to her car that her parents had dropped off some time ago for transportation.

This night is going to be amazing.

꧁ ༄ ꧂

Isabella walked into the hallway and found Aiden's room. The door was open, and she halted when she saw the room covered in decorations. There was a small disco ball hanging from the ceiling, swirling around, food and drinks on a table near the window, and party lights. Even the curtains were closed so the sun wouldn't ruin the room's color scheme.