Chapter Fourteen

After hanging out at Starbucks on Saturday, Aiden, Isabella, and Matthew went their separate ways

After hanging out at Starbucks on Saturday, Aiden, Isabella, and Matthew went their separate ways. Later that night, Aiden came over to Isabella's house and they hung out for a few hours before he went back to his place.

Despite having all this time to do so, Isabella didn't tell him about her date with Matthew. This is because she didn't know how to tell him.

It wasn't like she was afraid to tell him. She just didn't know how he would react considering she'd never had a boyfriend. Aiden was very protective of her, and she didn't want there to be any complications.

Monday finally came, and Isabella hadn't seen Aiden yet at school.

She walked through the hallway near his classroom, searching for him in the sea of kids on their way to lunch.

After a while, Isabella spotted her brown-haired friend walk outside his classroom, holding one of his backpack straps on his shoulder.

"Aiden!" she called out to him.

Aiden turned his head in her direction and walked over.

"Hey, Angel."

"How was History?" Isabella asked.

"Hell."

"I bet it was." She chuckled as they walked to the cafeteria side-by-side. "Hey, is Matthew here today?"

"No, he stayed home. He's still unpacking boxes from his move." Aiden opened the door for her, and she entered first, appreciative of his chivalry.

Aiden followed behind her and they went to their usual table. Isabella started working up the courage to tell him about Matthew.

"Well, I've been meaning to tell you something," Isabella said, apprehensive. She knew this was the perfect opportunity to tell him about her date.

Aiden followed her as she sat down without heading to the lunch lines.

"Aren't you going to get something to eat first?" Aiden asked, puzzled.

"No, I need to tell you something."

"Okay, what is it?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

All right, just relax, Bella, Isabella thought. He's your best friend. Just tell him and hopefully, he'll be happy for you.

"On Saturday, when we were at Starbucks with Matthew and you went to get our drinks, Matthew asked me something . . . interesting." Isabella cleared her throat, getting more nervous than she should have been.

"What did he ask?"

"He . . . he asked me out on a date."

Isabella watched Aiden's face, waiting for his reaction.

He just looked confused.

She pleaded with her eyes for him to say something.

"What did you say to him?" His face had softened as he asked her.