Chapter Fifteen

Fuck this

Fuck this.

As Isabella's history teacher spoke to the class, students threw paper balls in the trash can, pretending they were playing basketball. The rest were just sleeping.

No one was listening to the teacher at all.

Those people were so annoying and rude.

They just wouldn't shut up, even though their teacher had told them to be quiet multiple times now. The distinct lack of respect was making her cringe.

Isabella hated her class.

When the bell rang, she grabbed her stuff and ran out of the classroom. She couldn't stand being there for another second with those monsters.

A long way to go until graduation, she thought, groaning internally.

Isabella walked towards the school exit when she felt a buzz in her back pocket, signaling she had a notification on her phone. She stopped by the lockers so she wouldn't get in anyone's way and took her phone out to see a text message.

MATTHEW

Turn around :)

She turned around and spotted Matthew by the water fountains, smirking at her. Isabella smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey," she greeted him. She could not help but smile at him.

"What's up?" Matthew grinned.

"I can't wait to get out of here."

"I don't blame you." He shrugged. "Hey, have you heard from Aiden today? I couldn't get a hold of him."

"Yeah, uh, he texted me this morning saying he had a doctor's appointment." Aiden and Isabella didn't want to tell Matthew about his condition, so they decided to keep it quiet.

She and Matthew walked to the parking lot when she asked, "Do you have any plans or are you just going to chill at home?"

"Well, I would go somewhere, but I don't exactly have a car. I don't have the money to buy one yet."

She nodded, understanding, before she thought of an idea.

"I can drop you off at your place," she offered. "I don't mind."

"That would be great, thanks." He smiled with relief in his voice.

They headed toward Isabella's car and left for their destination.

꧁ ༄ ꧂

Matthew gave Isabella directions as she drove. Once she saw his home, she wondered if the boy was rich because of the house's big exterior: brown brick walls, gray roof, big rectangular windows, and fresh flowers in the yard.