Chapter Sixteen

The next day was a special one

The next day was a special one. It was the day Isabella had been waiting for.

It was Friday.

Her first date with Matthew.

Her first date, ever.

She was tremendously nervous.

She couldn't concentrate during her classes. All she could think about was Matthew and their plans for the evening. However, one thing stressed her out: what was she going to wear?

Once she got home, she changed into her baggy clothes and went to the living room—just staring at it. Her parents were at work, so they wouldn't be home until midnight. Isabella had already explained to her parents that she was going out with her new friend that night, and they trusted their daughter to make good decisions.

Since she didn't have much to do before her date, she thought she would kill time. Her parents loved the house to be squeaky clean, so maybe she would clean it for once.

Two hours later, Isabella scrubbed the floors, cleaned the mirrors, cleaned the oven, stove, and bedrooms—just everything. When she couldn't feel her fingers, she plopped herself on the sofa, exhausted.

She was not used to doing all this hard work and groaned as her eyes got heavy. She stretched herself out on the couch to get comfortable and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

꧁ ༄ ꧂

There were several knocks on the door that woke Isabella from her slumber. She heard the knocks getting louder, and she opened her eyes as she focused her gaze on the clock hanging on the wall in the living room.

It was six o'clock.

She yawned, got up from the sofa, and walked to the front door. Someone was still knocking.

"Hold on, I'm coming!" she shouted. She finally made it and opened the door, yelling at the person who kept knocking.

"What?!"

"Wow, someone's grumpy."

Isabella felt her sleepiness subside when she saw who was at the door.

Of course it had to be Aiden.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was sleeping. I heard someone knocking on the door and it was getting annoying."

"I called before I came over but you didn't answer, so I rushed over."

"You called me?" Isabella left the door open, rushed to the living room, and grabbed her phone off the coffee table, looking at her notifications.

4 missed calls from AIDEN

"Shit, I'm sorry." Isabella groaned, throwing her head back.