Chapter Thirty-Eight

Isabella woke up from her slumber with a slight headache

Isabella woke up from her slumber with a slight headache. After rubbing her eyes, she looked at her surroundings and noticed she was in Aiden's bedroom.

She remembered the horrible night she had. She didn't think anything like this existed until now, dreadful things being thrown at her all at once.

She sat on the edge of the bed, thinking about the day she would have. She didn't know how it was going to go. She was already stressed and couldn't relax.

When her vision cleared up, she noticed a note addressed to her in Aiden's handwriting on the bedside table. She picked up the note and read it.

Hey, Bella.

I know you needed to rest, so I didn't want to wake you up. I left this morning to run some errands, so I won't see you until 12:00 or so. Remember, I'm coming with you to your appointment. Don't worry about anything. Just relax and it will be okay.

I'll see you later, Angel.

Isabella smiled at the message and thought it was nice of him to let her sleep in. She was glad Aiden was coming with her to her session because she needed the support more than ever.

She set the note back on the bedside table and walked to the closet she shared with Aiden to find an outfit. She found a red shirt, jeans, and a pair of sneakers that looked suitable.

She went to the bathroom to get ready. An hour later, she was dressed, got her hair brushed, and ready for the day.

Isabella strolled back to bed and laid down for a while until Aiden came home. She wondered what her new therapist would ask her when she got there.

It looked like she was going to find out soon.

꧁ ༄ ꧂

"Bella, wake up."

Isabella felt someone touching her arm and opened her eyes. She groaned and rubbed her eyes, then glanced up, doing a double take when she saw Aiden staring at her. He was home.

She sat up and checked the clock on the bedside table: 12:45 p.m.

Well, she fell asleep.

"Hey," she greeted, yawning.

"Hey, sleepyhead." He chuckled. He sat on the bed and propped his hand on the mattress. "What time did you go to sleep?"

"I guess around ten," she grumbled. "I must've been exhausted still."

Aiden grinned before he sobered. "How do you feel about today?"

"I'm definitely nervous. I don't know how these things work. And it's going to be weird talking to a stranger about everything."