Chapter Seventeen

After half an hour of driving, Matthew and Isabella made it to their destination

Royal Olive Trattoria

"We're here." Matthew parked in an available spot, killing the engine.

Isabella eyed the restaurant but didn't recognize the building.

"Is this place new? I've never heard of it before," she said, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Yeah, I found this when I moved here." Matthew took his seatbelt off, smirking at his date. "Let's go inside."

Isabella and Matthew got out of the car and walked inside the restaurant. Isabella took in how magnificent it was, admiring the beautiful interior of the place: black tables with gold tablecloths, gold wooden booths, candlelights on the tables, and the men, women, and even the children all wearing formal attire.

She was nervous about eating somewhere that looked so expensive.

"Are you sure we should eat here?" she asked, walking closer to Matthew's side.

"Yeah, we're okay. Tonight's my treat anyway."

"But I should pay for my half of the dinner," Isabella muttered.

"No." He turned around to face Isabella. "I'll pay for both our meals, okay?"

Isabella parted her lips, about to speak, but Matthew beat her to it.

"And I don't want to hear about how it's not fair that you can't pay for dinner because this is technically my gift to you. So don't worry about it." He gave her a stern but playful look.

Isabella sighed in defeat.

God, Aiden and Matthew are meant to be friends. They're both so stubborn.

"Table for two?" the maître d' asked the teenagers.

"Yes. Reservations under Gordon," Matthew told the woman.

The lady scrolled through the computer, looking for his name.

"Ah, yes." She picked up two menus and walked around the station.

"Follow me."

Matthew and Isabella followed the woman through the dining room to their table. They walked to a booth; Isabella took a seat on one side of the booth while Matthew slid across from her.

"Here we are," the woman said with a friendly smile as she handed them the menus. "Your server will be here shortly."

The teens thanked the woman before she walked away.

"So," Matthew breathed out, picking up the menu and unfolding the leather cover, "what are you going to order?"

Isabella picked up her menu, opened it, and glanced at the food options on each page. She scanned the prices on the side of each meal. Isabella wanted to cry.